Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects MAC's auto parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gsnickets, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Gsnickets

Gsnickets

first order from these guys just came to my front door.... and of course it never made it inside the house. I ordered the front of half of the right rear quarter(front half of wheel opening to inside of the door jamb, and bottom of rocker to top of indented body section.... 70 bucks) panel for my '60 ranchero, after a quick check of the fitment, I must say that I am highly highly impressed with the overall quality of the piece. the curves match up perfectly to the stock body and the quality of metal appears to be pretty high. Most of their parts seem to be very reasonable on price, and they were awesome to work with. I highly recommend their patch panels.

2. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Yeah, Mac's is a great vendor.

3. I also agree. Quality service, fast shipping.

4. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

I'm lucky, they're like 8 miles up the road. I outta buy some stock...

5. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I ordered a list of 15 items from MAC's online last Tuesday and requested them to be picked up yesterday (Thursday). Within 2-hours I received a phone call from one of their Reps to tell me everything was in stock and would be available for pick up. I drove up on Thursday and the order was sitting there waiting for me. MAC's is an A-1 Vendor, IMO.

6. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Yea!!! A good vender story for a change. Always had good luck with MACS.

7. They've gotten several hundred of my dollars over the past 2 months, working on the '40 truck! No complaints here.

8. Gsnickets

Gsnickets

it's good to know I wasn't just a random fluke of a good experience, they will be getting all my business for original parts from now on. I just felt like they actually gave a damn that I was getting the right stuff, that's rare these days.

9. Same here, I've used them for the past two years and they are always on top of things. If they find out that something is going to be back ordered after you did an online purchase they call to let you know.

10. I'll jump on the good vendor bandwagon too.

11. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

We've used them and yeah, they have been very good.

Don

12. I have bought a lot of stuff from Mac's and always been treated right and fast shipping.

13. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Ordered last Fri. Arrived Wed. Little mix up with a packing slip but it was handled promptly. I got my parts and I hope the gentleman on the other packing slip got his....

14. Quality outfit, use 'em!

15. butch27

butch27

Never had a problem .

16. MT26

MT26
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

I have always gotten great service from MAC's. I ordered the wrong part last month and they immediately refunded my account upon return of the item. I have been impressed with the quality of their products as well as their customer support. Will continue to use them.

17. 58custom

58custom

I used Mac's in the past and had no problems.

18. 5window

5window

I also appreciate the fact that they'll bring stuff to shows for you and not charge shipping. I've saved on little bits that shipping would be silly high for, a cowl band that likely would have arrived in terrible condition and enough on shipping a front bumper that I ordered stainless instead of chrome-a choice I have never regretted.

19. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

I have been buying stuff from them for over 12 years. Always good service and fast shipping. Had very few issues with quality or shipping mistakes that they did not handle immediately. Early V8, Model A, 50's F1 and Bronco parts I have bought from them, all solid quality parts. Their catalogs are easy to use and a great source of info and factory part numbers.

20. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Yup, another positive vote for Mac's. Just got their latest catalog in the mail yesterday and one of their newly listed parts is just what I need. I haven't ordered in awhile so it's good to know they are still on top of everything.

Frank

21. modelamotorhead

modelamotorhead

Gotta toss my hat in the ring too. Never had a problem with Mac's, panel fitment is always great and shipping time is as good as Speedy Bill's.

22. WickedA346

WickedA346

I just ordered from Macs for the first time and it wasn't as great as everybody elses experience. My 1950 patch panels are an inch too short to match up to the toe board and the rocker panel is an inch and a half short on both ends. Alot of there small parts werent in stock and the phone rep told me that they don't do back orders and can't notify me when they come in. Got free shipping (109) but ended up paying 95.00 for freight on two floor panels and a rocker to Chicago.

23. 5window

5window

So, what did Mac's say when you told THEM about the patch panel problem?

24. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

Ive always had good luck with Mac's. They back ordered some things for me a couple of weeks ago. Thearts arrived before they told me they would. Only minor thing I had was trying to get some 39 Ford pedal bushings. Hard to get for some reason. Guess I will be having them made by a friend. Did I mention Mac's is a good company?

25. Edgrrrrr

Edgrrrrr
    from Kentucky

Have bought many items for my econoline from them. Always good service.

26. Been buying parts from them for the last few months for my 53 and I am extremely pleased with their service, prices, and products. Glad I found them and gave them a try!

27. Maybe they are getting the message. There have been many negative posts on the HAMB and The Ford Barn about Mac's poor service. I try not to use them because of past problems.

28. BigChief

BigChief

We've been using them since 1979.

29. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Never had a prob.....

30. 5window

5window

Bob Drake lists a clutch pedal bushing for the '39,but guess what? Yep, out of stock!