Register now to get rid of these ads!

What is the best reaction you have gotten from people?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by EnragedHawk, Jul 8, 2011.

1. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

when i had my 72 Nova with a built 250 6cyl i took it to a show in southern IL. during the course of the show an elderly gent came up and was looking the engine over for quite a while. it had headers, 4bbl, big cam, chrome covers and etc. He steped over to where I was sitting and asked if it was mine? I said yes and he asked if I would start it up so he could hear it. I said "sure" and we both stood and listened to it rumpity rump for a few minutes. after i shut it off he had the biggest smile and said "now thats the way we used to do it before v-8's"

2. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I had a good one yesterday, Pulled into the 711 to get a slurpie, the girls working there love my truck (all the employees are female except for 2, and they're all good looking women too) I paid and chatted some of them up, and then left, as I was in my truck buckling up this middle aged woman walks out and gets this absolutely disgusted look on her face and makes a big deal of being disgusted and confused a my truck being parked there... and she walks over to the passenger side of it where she is parked (she parked after I did, didn't she see it then?) and as she slips between our trucks she has her hands up high and is acting like she's walking through sewage... one of the 711 girls is leaning on the outside wall of the building having a smoke and I hear her say to the lady "You got a problem?" just as I fire it up... the bitch jumps, the 711 girl laughs and I drove off into the sunset...

I guess my truck was cramping her style in her rusted out beat to hell late 80's S10. :rolleyes:

3. Rich427

Rich427

I Get tons of thumbs ups and questions and stuff when Im in my cars but I think my favorite thing was just last week I was out with my buddy in my 62 Bel air trying to turn left into the gas station with the directional on and a car comes flying down the road and I'm thinking "a**hole speeds up so I cant take the turn" and then I had to do a double take, I look as the car passes me and its a yellow 62 impala and the guy just gives me the hell yeah face as he passes me and pulls up to the light. I was getting ready to pump my gas and the light turned green and the guy got on it and squeeled the tires a little bit. Pretty cool!

[​IMG]

4. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Lucky they were on foot, if they were in cars it could have been serious.:)

5. Dr.HairyOlds

Dr.HairyOlds
    from CNY

One night when I was 16, a friend of mine and I had nothing better to do and were cruising around in my 67 tempest 2dr (first car, still have it). We pass by the local pool hall and there is this gorgeous college girl with a guy on either side of her. She calls out "Cool car, can I have a ride?" I stop dead in my tracks and she bounds out to the car. I hop out to let her in and instead of going in the back, she hops in the middle of the front seat, right between us. So we peel out (under her orders) and cruise around as she asks about the car and tell me, "you must be getting all the girls in the back seat of this." Man, I wish! When we drop her off, I ask if she'll pose for a pic with the car and she does. After she gives me an elaborate kiss on the cheek and bounds away. I was grinning ear to ear the rest of the night! The whole time, the guys around her looked like they were aching to give us a thumping.

I drive anything I own anywhere, so long as it is running. So I'm driving my 66 Olds with a built 455 back and forth to work. My buddy's wife and 4 yr old son visit him at work in the summer and they eat in the parking lot in the back of his pickup. So one day a hop in my car to run an errand on lunch. My buddy tells me when I get back that when I fired up the car, his son stopped eating his pbj and just watched it intently with a serious look on his face. Just as I passed out of sight, he says to himself, completely dead pan, "Sweet ride," and goes back to eating his sandwich.

6. trollst

trollst

My story? My favourite car, a T bucket that handled like a race car, looked like a hot rod, flat black, mexican blanket, my boy used it to drive during his wedding and after at the reception. When came time to get the cars home,(very late in the evening), my daughter (18) asked if she could take the T home, I agreed, she jumped in it, with all the guys drooling over it proceeded to lay rubber all over the parking lot, two full donuts. With Dads jaw hanging, left for home. Dad gets home, daughter worried dad mad, apologises all over, dad says she did exactly the right thing, couldn't have been more proud of her. She loves my 36 so much, she'll get it when I can't drive it no more, she is 37 now, knows her hot rods.
    My best with the 36 was three days ago, the cougar at the licensing office purred that she'd love a ride. I think I'll oblige.

7. Bikertrash

Bikertrash
    from Boise

I have two; both with the same truck. Right after it was chopped, my neighbor who is a lawyer (I'm a police officer) looked long and hard at it and said, "Well that certainly can't be legal...) and my 5-year-old son who would say that it looks like it was growling at him. I loved that. He still calls it the growly truck. It might have something to do with the open headers as well.

Attached Files:

8. I have one, I was 17 and I had my 62 Thunder bird for a year at that point. One Friday night I went to the Lucky Greek (home town hangout) to get a burger. It had one parking space right in front on the main street. Every time I went there someone was already parked in that spot. But this one night I got it, finally!!! I get out thinking I'm a lucky dog for getting the cool spot! I go inside and get something to eat. I pick a table where I can see my car. A few people walk by, one or two actually stop and check it out. I finish eating and walk outside to my car thinking how cool it was to get THE SPOT. Then something ten times better happened to me. The HOT GIRL from school drives by with the window rolled down. She yells out the window to me, "thanks for the invite!" with a smile. I yelled back, "next Friday?" with a HUGE smile on my face! She said, "you're driving!" Wouldn't have happened unless I got THE SPOT that night in my 62 Ford Thunder Bird. By the way, she really liked my car:D

9. cecce

cecce
    from Sweden

Great thread!
    Here's one of my own.

I was in the garage/shop working on an old OT restoration when my new neighbour comes along and asks if he can see what I'm doing in there. "Sure" I say, "come one inside".
    He looks at my project and concludes "Aha… Your'e one of those guys who make new cars out of old cars".
    I had to think about that for a second, but for a non-car guy I guess that sums it up pretty good.

10. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Went to a gig, dont even remember who was playing, it was a local punk band of sorts.
    The club has a 10/15 car inside parking yard for the staff and friends of the staff, right in front of the entrance, and i parked inside. It was packed full! as soon as i parked i dropped the car and heard people shouting, clappin their hands and whistleing! It felt great :)

When i left a girl stepped in front of the car and begged me to bust some moves! i asked her if she wanted a ride too but she politeley declined :)

11. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

My 40 is a standard---I've settled several arguments between onlookers as to whether or not it's a 39 or 40---the winner is usually pretty fired up. Amazing how many drove a 39 or 40 to high school back in the day---

12. rustang

rustang

My Yamaha gets way more attention than my HD RoadKing I customized....I'm even considering not painting the bobber, my wife (and other womwn) have told me to leave it like it is...funny, all i did was assemble it last summer for "shaking down" then was going to blow it apart to paint....:)
    Tom

[​IMG]

13. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

That could be a real bonus, having an "insider" at the DMV can't hurt!

14. KomoG2

KomoG2
    from Utah

Ive got two,
    First was at a local cruise in. I had met a buddy of mine at the show, walked over to my car, he asked how loud the flatty was with just headers. I cranked it up and looked down to find the gas pedal, blipped it a couple times floored it for a second, looked up and saw even the hemi guys about clear across the parking lot looking over, every body between them and us wore a smile or cupped ears...... IT WAS AWESOME!!!!

Later coming home from the show, I was making my way into my neighborhood and a family was walking/excercising, the parents covered their ears as I came close. Their boy in tow was jumping up and down waving shouting something, gave two great big thumbs up as a blasted his folks and I made it to my street.

15. Gabby

Gabby

Pulled into a old gas station with 3 kids sitting out front. I am driving a 67 Nova SS with Radar mags and a thunderbolt reversed teardrop hood scoop. I over heard the kids talking about my car. One said he liked the wheels and the other said he liked the hood, but the one kid announced he liked the whole M.... F....ing rig

16. Because I can

Because I can

wish I had a nickle every time I hear:

"are you a plumber?"

"is it fast?"

_MG_7433.jpg

17. OldoginMd

OldoginMd

I was at a party and had a girl beg me into the back of my ride .... yep still married after 40 years.......

18. jcapps

jcapps
    from SoCal

Was driving the 29 the other day and an ample breasted woman with a low cut top rode past in the crosswalk on her bicycle, she looked at the 29, I looked at her as she was hunched over holding the handlebars and we both said wow at the same time..................We then both started to laugh

19. Well, the other day when the wife and I were stopped at a gas sation getting some $4 gas with my new-to-me Model A on the trailer, a guy comes up to my wife and says. "neat car, you gonna restore it?" the wife said "no THIS one's goning to be hot rodded!" you should have seen the guy's smile go away.

20. blackdog

blackdog
    from Golden BC

Great thread. I had a fella who must have been in his late 80's come up to our Plymouth at a rest stop at the top of a mountain pass and quiz me on how our car made it up all the steep hills. The look on his face when I lifted the hood was priceless.

21. hotrod_tommy

hotrod_tommy

I was almost 60 at the time and baldish. Little guy with round specs.
    My car was a chopped, fenderless '57 Volvo with SB Chev, side exhaust, full cage, quickchange rear, Flat black, moon-eyes on the lower cowkl, louvered trunklid. LARGE rear Hoosiers. ... sort of an attitude piece.
    Had a cop car shaddowing me a while, then they pulled up next to me at a light. The lady copy sorta scoped me out, and did an "eye-front" and ai could read her lips.

"It's a Fu*king old man!"

hahahaa. I loved that moment.
    I heard similar thing happened with another pal, too. Guess the crazy cars should have some young punk with hoops in his ears and spikes in the eye-brow?

Not here, baby!

hotrod_tommy in Iowa.

Attached Files:

22. Some days I get no notice at all, other days I just want to get my gas and go, lol.
    I've seen several pairs of tits, and that's always appreciated.
    I couple summers ago me and my pop were heading to a cruise, me in my 55, pop in his 59 Vette. As we're pulling in, there's this blue suede Volksrod with a really hot betty driving it, totally breaking her neck checking out me and my car. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't doing the same (though I'd deny it if questioned by the wife). If I wasn't a married man, I totally would have banged a u-turn and laid some gearhead charm on her.
    My favorite compliments are always the "Man, that thing takes me back" from the older guys. "Looks like it belongs at a burger stand in '68!!". That and any compliment from kids. You know your stuff is cool when kids dig it. Last summer I pulled in my local Shell to fill my ride up, and a nice looking older woman pulled in at the pump next to me in a new high-dollar Mercedes, and told me how nice my car was, and how her father had one and so on. She knew it was a 210 by the trim, which I was impressed by. Totally not what I would have expected by the cover of the book. Definitely one of those "WTF just happened" moments.

23. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

This old lady (late 70's I think) followed me all over town the other day, I saw a buddy at a gas station and pulled in to say hi, she pulls up next to us and we bother figures she's about to cuss me out for driving my ooogly old 36 or something... she asks who's truck it is, I say mine... and she starts telling me how much she likes it and how cool it looked going down the road... THEN she starts listing off some of the parts I used on it... totally blew me away, she was 100% spot on too! She got me to take her photo with it and as she left she mentions how she lost her virginity in a hot rod back in the day... then drove off with this cheesy grin... cool old broad! Made my day!

24. One of the best comments that the '40 has received:

At the Outlaw Nationals in Jefferson, Texas, a guy walked up to the '40 and looked at it, then walked around looking at it at all angles. He looked at me and asked if the '40 was mine, and I told him that it was. He said, "If this was my car, do you know what I would change"? I told him no, I didn't, and he replied "not a damn thing, it looks like a '40 should look"!

Buckshot 40 :D

25. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

I have read and enjoyed every single one of these. Any other good stories lately?

26. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I was at a light the other day in my T. Just looking ahead waiting for the light to change, when suddenly........ "DUDE!!! WHERE'D YOU GET THAT CAR!!??" Yup, loud and right next to me. This guy had gotten out his car, which was 3 cars back and ran up behind me. I jumped a little and turned around and said, "I built it." Just in time for the light to change. Looked in the rear view and saw him scrambbling to his car.

I like talking about my car to folks and enjoy a compliment, but THIS guy was an ass hat.

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  27. cheveey57

cheveey57

I like it when they just throw money......

Oh wait has never happened. So I would have to say them throwing up after one of my terror rides.

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  28. Damn that thing is huge how do you get in it

29. hilltowner

hilltowner

Driving my stock 29 Model A roadster through a parking lot and come up to a crosswalk where an old gentleman at least in his eighties is stepping off the curb. I come to a stop to let him cross and he slowly shuffles to the other side, giving me a scowl all the way. He gets across and I start to go when he smiles and says:" Get a horse!"

30. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

Young girl in a Chevy Volt at the light,
    "Is that where all the gas i'm saving is going?"

Why yes, yes it it.

*Looks over the whole car with a smirk on her face*
    "At least it went to something beastly sexy"