Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hi all from Norway.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Raymondro, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Raymondro

Raymondro
    from Norway

Hi there, about time to come forward and confess. I have a 1953 Desoto Firedome two door, and swapped my Harley WLA for a 1927 Ford T Touring recently.
    But i might need some help regarding the title or else the car will not be tolerated by Norwegian authority. The problem is that the VIN is probably a rebuilt number and i need a document that connects my title to a 1927 VIN.The connection must be between my VIN and title and a 1927 Ford VIN from California or Alabama (i think,since my number ends with AL) Any help will be very appriciated and of course payed for.
    Regards from Norway.

Ray

2. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Ray welcome from the west coast of Florida.

I am sure someone on this site will be able to steer you in the right direction and offer you help for whatever questions you might have.

Advice is always Free and the coffee well that's another story.

Best of luck with your projects and keep us posted with a few photo's whenever you get a chance.

Jimbo

3. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

Welcome from tennessee .

4. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome from Indy.. Try posting your question on the main board. Seems like there is always a title question or two there.

5. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

Welcome from Ohio... Wish you the best on the 27 title

6. Ray, welcome from way down south!

Carsten

7. Willy_P

Willy_P

Welcome from Kansas.
    I feel your pain. I had to follow what Kansas refers to as a "quiet title" process because I bought the car with only a bill of sale - the previous owner did not have a title. Basically I hired an attorney to file a "quiet title action" which ultimately creates a court "journal entry of judgement" . It is a court order for the KHP to inspect the car (check the VIN) and provide their inspection form so I could go to the motor vehicle department and present the KHP form and apply for a title for the car. The process required filing a suit against the seller requesting them to respond that they had no further interest in the car - a simple matter, except it was mailed, and the seller had a rural address they could not find - fixed with a phone call. The title search reported no leins against the car, but it turned up a previous owner from a long time ago, and they were not able to locate them. So to complete the process I had to file a "service by publication" in their last known city/county for 40 days to give them an opportunity to submit a claim against the car. All in all about $300 attorney fee and $300 publication fee, but it just feels different when I sit in it and know I have a clear title.
    Keep in touch and let us know how it goes!

8. robleticia

robleticia

Welcome from Texas!

9. Maria

Maria

Welcome from Finland! Any cool Hot Rod summer events this year in Norway that we should see??
    Best Wishes
    Maria

10. Raymondro

Raymondro
    from Norway

Hi Maria, yeah try to find Coupe Devils Bonanza and the famous Fun & Run at Viken Rod & Custom. And yes to the rest I will keep you informed! Thank you!

11. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Welcome from Finland!

12. khead47

khead47

13. boutlaw

boutlaw

Welcome from Mississippi!

14. Mercchev

Mercchev

Velkommen fra Colorado. My Grandparents were born in Norway, one in Bergen, one in Trondheim.

15. Welcome from Arkansas. My father was born in Oslo and I had an opportunity to visit my grandfather and other relations when I was in the Army and stationed in Germany. That was in 1962. They have all passed. My father was proud of his Norwegian heritage and passionate about being an American. I am too.

16. niall.oxendale

niall.oxendale

Welcome from North Carolina. I visited Norway a few years ago loved it, the people were so nice and even know I did not speak Norwegian know one cared. I would love to go back some day.

17. raymay

raymay

From one Ray to another, welcome

18. E HANSEN13

E HANSEN13

Welcome from so cal...

19. smiffy6four

smiffy6four