Register now to get rid of these ads!

Brake line question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan Parker, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Dan Parker

Dan Parker
    from Salem Al.

I have a friend finishing his 32. He wants traditional looking black rubber brake lines on the front with brass ends. he has 40 ford wheel cylinders and going to 3/16ths line. So the threads for a 40 ford one end and 3/8-24 inverted flare other end. Does anyone have a part number or a source for these. He will buy several sets because he has several cars. Thanks Dan

2. srs1

srs1

3. Dan Parker

Dan Parker
    from Salem Al.

Checked them out, he realy wants brass ends to look old and traditional. Thank you though.

4. Ol Dawg

Ol Dawg

Give NAPA a shout. They should have a pictorial listing with sizes and lengths.

5. el caballo loco

el caballo loco
    from colorado

somebody in your town probably has a shop that MAKES custom hydraulic lines, I'd check the yellowpages and see if i couldn't get exactly what i wanted and keep the business local if it wasn't cost prohibitive.

6. Rob Paul

Rob Paul

Ive never seen any new ones with brass ends. The 40 ford wheel cyl is 7/16-20 thread.

Rob