Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Look at what I practically got for free!!! A 6-71 Blower!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by moonman29, Mar 26, 2012.

1. moonman29

moonman29

Look at what I practically got for free this weekend, a 6-71 GM Blower, with certain restrictions. This belonged to my friend's dad that has been racing dirt track cars since the late 50's. I have been helping them for the past fifteen years racing, building cars and what ever projects we have going on down at the shop. We have all become very close and good friends, pretty much like family, at least thats how I consider them. I remember seeing a 4-71 units years ago in their engine room and I asked one of his sons if his dad would sell it to me because I was interested in putting it one of my flat heads. He said he would ask his dad, and said, "Hell, he might even give it to you" Well when he finally did ask him, his dad asked what I was going to use it on and I told him that I wanted it for one of the flat heads for my 23 T project. He was so glad I was building an traditional hot rod cause it reminded him of back in the days when he was a teen and first started hot rodding and racing. So he said

"Its on permanent loan to you to do what ever you want with it and need to it to getting running and useful, but if you ever decide to sell it or get rid of it, just bring it back to me."

I said I will never sell that blower, especially coming from him. The reason I say I consider them family is because they saw me graduate high school, graduate from college the first time, get married, and now just recently graduate for the second time but now with a masters. I have seen his grandkids be bore and turn into great kids. Now his son's wife is about to be our surrogate mother because my wife cannot have children. So at this point they have become more than just friends, they are family now. Well enough of that, here are the pics of the blower!! When we finally dug up the blower, it ended up being a 6-71!! So now I think engine plans have changed, the T might just need the 392 so this blower could be put to good use!! His son also gave me three Stromberg 97's carbs.

2. moonman29

moonman29

Oooooppss.......Sorry about that. Lets try this again.... Here are the pics.

Attached Files:

3. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

4. indybail

indybail

Great story! Keep us updated on the '23 T.