Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pic request from the F1 guys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Skrayp, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Skrayp

Skrayp

So, I've got this 50 F1 I bought with the floor cut out from the bottom toe board seam to the front of the middle floor brace. Well, I need to know what the mounting brace looks like for the body bushing 1 back from the front firewall body mount. It should be just at the bottom of the kick panel area right by the door jamb, and I think it takes a carriage bolt. It seems he cut the bracket clean off at the pinchweld for the toeboard. Is there a bottom half/top half? Does anyone have a nice solid floor that they can snap a pic of from the top and bottom side? I channeled this thing 4 inches over the frame and now I need to anchor the floor down where it belongs so I can square the door openings up and weld this pig back together. thanks in advance. Yes I tried the search.

2. Not sure if this is the right advice but............ About 1" back end of the toe kick the cab mounts through the floor to the brackets off the frame. No fancy shit it just bolts through the floor there. I ran mine for years with no bolt there, I'm sure the latest owner still has no bolt there.

3. Skrayp

Skrayp

I didn't think it was anything fancy, but I just wanted to make sure it was on the same plane as the front mount so I don't torque the firewall in the wrong direction. The doors fit like crap on this thing so far (they did even before I cut it apart). I need to anchor the floor down the best I can so I can jack the door frames into place. Once you cut the cowl sides off these things, they lose a lot of strength!