Register now to get rid of these ads!

In the garage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SKRTCHSR, Mar 25, 2012.

1. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

Why is it that you can block sand something, or have it painted and you get visitors and they always seem to touch you're work! Am I the only one? Fresh paint lets lean on it, or touch it! Drives me crazy!

2. moefuzz

moefuzz

Usually happens when the drunk from across the street sees me working on something in the driveway,
    "Leans on fresh paint" and doesn't even notice it

3. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

Bare metal really attracts visitors oily hands.

4. Never fails; there can be 5 open lawn chairs but someone always feels that the best seat in the house is leaning against my car.

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

My across the street nieghbor is like that. Doesn't come out till he hears my car or spots me working. Then he waddles over and uses my car as a leaning rack. Finally told him about it and now he thinks I'm the bad guy! Now he just stands at the end of his drive way and stares. Idiot.

It's all about respect. Some people just don't have a clue about personal property.

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My dad was the absolute worst about either touching a freshly painted car or putting his foot (in his cowboy boot) on a freshly painted running board. He only did it to my truck though so it never got me in any fights about someone else's car.

A few years ago I watched a kid at a show here in town busting his butt to shine up his 64 Chevy lowrider while his "homies" were all leaning their butts against the other side posing for the hotties parading by. A really great bunch of friends he had.

7. There are some cast iron brackets for the top bows in my 23 Dodge that people seem to have a phallic attraction to, they like to rub them. The paint is worn thin from that.

8. skrtchsr does this mean that chevy in your garage is gettin close to seeing the street?

9. monkeyspunk79

monkeyspunk79

Its been said a lot, but Ron White said it best. "You can't fix stupid."

10. 53Hattie

53Hattie

Before I rag on anybody else for doin' that, I'd best bitch-slap myself! I'm the worlds worst with my own car, which is in not the best coat of prime while we work on other parts of the project, and I catch myself hands-on or leaning on it way too often, ...gonna mean some extra care & effort later.

11. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

I think I finally cured my wife of this ailment.....every time I get a project done on the truck and it gets its final coat of paint she'll pop he head in the garage and inspect my work....which always would lead to her putting a finger in the still drying paint....

After much fussing and making a point to touch one of her craft projects whilst it was still drying ( in which she had a caniption) she finally got it....now she asks first....

12. sk_rodz

sk_rodz

hey Chaser, bring it to the next get together so I can touch it a few times! lol.

13. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

or "Money can't buy brains"

14. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Any time I paint something, immediately after I'm done spraying I shut the lights off in the shop and lock the door. It's beer time.

15. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

How else can you tell if it is dry? LOL.

16. My brother smacked his wedding ring on my freshly painted and flaked roof. I kicked him in the knee.

17. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

When I was restoring a 36 P;ymount for a friend's dad, I was ready to paint it, Pre-cleaned, and tack ragged off, when he came to visit. As he enters the spray room, I tell him "Hey, it's ready for paint, don't touch it!"
    So he goes, "Wow, it really looks good".......and runs his hand all over it!

18. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

19. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

My biggest peeve of all time. Parents need to teach themselves and their children that you do not touch another man's property. Especially cars. Especially car guys' cars. Drives me nuts when I'm at a show and someone points something out on a car by touching it. Clear coat is super soft and even touching it will scratch it.

Anytime someone touches any automobile of mine they're getting an earful. I actually got in a 'physical altercation' with a kid a few years ago over him leaning on my car.

Don't get me started on when I'm working on something and it's in bare metal or pre paint prepped, or was just painted and someone has to put their fat hands on it.

Us painter/detail savvy people take our shit seriously.

20. dmikulec

dmikulec

Visitor to shop, admiring freshly painted car - looks it over then plants his butt on a fender and says "Nice ride. You just paint it?"

Me: No, I just wait for folks like you to come by and polish the old paint job with their big fat asses.

Here's your sign.