Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cant decide what do with this thing..Custom or Gasser Style?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevrolet150, Mar 25, 2012.

1. chevrolet150

chevrolet150

I picked this thing up a while ago.It is a bone stock 54 chevy 150 4-dr. Runs but need lots of work. I have parts to do it either custom or gasser. I just cant decide. What do you guys think? Both Custom and gasser style has a lot of examples. I am on the fence. SO ..chopped and on the ground or up in the air with radiused fender wheels and fender wall headers.

Attached Files:

2. Willy301

Willy301

I have never seen a 4 door gasser, seems like it might look out of proportion to the gassers I have seen. It would be interesting to get one of the guys on here to photoshop it with some gasser stuff to get an idea of what it would look like...

3. raidmagic

raidmagic

Low and smooth custom is where I'd be.

4. madgrinder

madgrinder

Go Kustom. Driving a gasser every day sucks.

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

6. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Parts car. I wouldn't tackle a 4 door that needs a lot of work.

7. mild custom or somewhere in between the 2

8. moefuzz

moefuzz

4 door Gasser?
    I'd go with a mild custom, 4 doors are fine with a little altitude adjustment, a fresh suede coat and a Mexican blanket or 2.

9. william.ali.kay

william.ali.kay
    from Milwaukee

10. What to do with it? Umm, parts? It's a 4 door dude.

11. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

custom or parts. might sell enough parts to get two door.

12. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

what's wrong with just a paint job and interior on what you have. some cars are just better off being left cool old cars.

13. Imperial Kustom

Imperial Kustom

If it was mine, I would lower it way down or put the evil air ride on it, shave all four handles, nose and deck it and leave only the beltline trim. Then get the interior comfy and nice appearing, put some nice color on the body and wheels with new whites and some tasty caps. Drive it daily. But that is if it were mine. I also have a hankerin' to do a nice restoration on a four door, but have it on air ride. Factory color, stock interior, factory hubcaps, lookin' good under the hood and in the trunk. Just a nice 'n' low stocker. That too may be the direction I took, again, if it was mine.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  14. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Then your not paying attention at the car meets you go to. Ever see a more door thats been chopped and the B piller's removed. When done right, there Bad Ass.

I guess I could of just said Custom ;)

15. 50 customcoupe

50 customcoupe

My vote is for a mild custom; maybe as if it was built in 1958 or 59; something that a high school kid would have had back then. Would be very hard to cut out the rear fenders and make a four door like right. GO CUSTOM !!

16. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

i personally vote kustom, and first off keep the 4 door and build it. everyone has a 2 door, which makes seeing a bitchin 4 door that much cooler. bo huffs merc......

[​IMG]

if you must go to a 2 door, heres a good car to look at. called " citric acid" only thing that hints of its four door past is the curvature at the end of the rear quarter window

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

if you do go gasser, check out this vid. pretty gnarly little 4 door. he has many vids on there. fellow hamber i believe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra-zQZdlnRs

17. A custom would definitely be much cooler, but its your car you gotta be happy with it

18. that 54 "citric acid" was on my classic car today

19. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Mild custom, with STANCE.. aka not laying on its rocker panels

20. Custom, paint it, bag it and enjoy. For all that 4 door hate in here, my bagged 54 4door has never been asked to leave a cruise night or forced to park in the back at shows.... Just saying :cool:

21. chevrolet150

chevrolet150

Thanks for the replys. I was leaning to the custom end of the spectrum. As for it being a 4-dr. Oh well...they are cheep as in I got this next to free so i will build it and have fun with it. Besides I have to haul family in these things so moredoors fit my life style. If later I want a 2-door I will just convert it. Thanks again, Tim

22. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

4 doors can be cool.. Make a nice mild custom......