Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car info website?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by solo_909, Mar 24, 2012.

1. solo_909

solo_909

I was wondering if anyone knows of a website that I can type in my Vin and it will give me what exactly my car is and what motor / trans it came with? Or is there some other way to fun this info? Thanks so much.

George

2. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

What is it?
    Google the (type of car), vin decoder on google

3. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

he said a "Car"!

4. solo_909

solo_909

I just picked up a 69 nova from an old man and he didn't really give me any info so I wanted to do a little research.

5. :eek: :eek: :eek:

O/T!!!!

6. Diamond N

Diamond N
    from Indiana

7. Do you actually know where that VIN is going when you input it to the WWW???

Do you realize someone may be purchasing a title for your car as we speak. ;)

8. solo_909

solo_909

Lol I have a 54 customline too ; )

9. solo_909

solo_909

Smart ass haha! Yes and I have the title. the gentelmen I bought it off of just had a heart attack and his family is selling his stuff. I spoke with him briefly about the car but didn't go into car history because of his ill state. When I purchased the car it was from his wife and daughter. The car has a 350 in it but I would like to do a little research to get some information. I purchased the car for a great price and it's in pretty good shape and drives amazing. I didn't want to pass the deal up.

George

10. George,

I wasn't being funny (although most times I am) about the VIN search. That website looked kinda odd. In this day 'n age this is a perfectly simple way to obtain someone's VIN number for illegal purposes, like obtaining a title for your car or a stolen car that may be overseas.

You mentioned it was a Nova, try Steve's Nova site: http://www.stevesnovasite.com/

Think smart man.... way too many scumbags out there these days!

11. Diamond N

Diamond N
    from Indiana

I was just trying to help out a fellow member. He asked a simple question and I replied with a simple answer. Most online VIN decoders won't work on anything 1981 or older. The one I posted does.

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not o/t it's an official HAMB parts doner.

13. :eek: Ha Ha Ha ! LMFAO!!! :D :D :D

14. I wasn't pointing any fingers anywhere. I was mearly pointing out the possibilities. As I mentioned, it looked kinda odd and you really don't know where your VIN is going or who is seeing/using it.

15. solo_909

solo_909

I think maybe you assumed a little too much, I was just asking a simple question and didn't really feel the need to share the whole story and all the info I have before I purchased the car. I just want to research the history of the car.

Thanks for the link.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  16. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Its running an earlier frame and engine than 1/2 of the crap on here.....

17. richw

richw

Hi "Waddayacare", it is not nice to go around insulting other people's websites. Please tell me what is so "odd" about vinwiz.com ? Could it be that.... there aren't a bunch of annoying ads like other websites have ? Could it be that... it doesn't deposit a bunch of tracking cookies like other websites do ? God forbid I run a website and do something for free on the internet, seems to be a novel concept these days. By the way vinwiz.com, while far from perfect, has the most comprehensive library of classic car VIN information ever assembled on the internet and kindly decodes over 100,000 VIN's per year. And I don't make so much as a dime off it and never plan to.

Think smart man.... way too many scumbags out there these days!

- Rich W.
    vinwiz.com

18. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

thanks for your post Rich.

I look forward to checking out, and using, vinwiz