Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Extraction - A Broken Tool n Back Story

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AutoArt66, Mar 24, 2012.

1. hahaha. Fair enough I guess. :)

2. henry29

henry29

Do you have the link to that thread?

3. Tony

Tony

My smile got bigger and bigger with each photo i looked at. VERY cool car and great recovery.
    Myself and certain friends seem to do similar rescues from time to time..
    They always seem fun in the end....somehow! haha

Congrats on the "new" car! :D

Tony

4. dragster dude

dragster dude

who remembers the pain of the dig?
    we always remember the joy of the find

5. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

The wonderful feel of good metal remains long after the pain of fetching it has faded.
    Good score!

6. gmpartsgod

gmpartsgod

Man what a find!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your one lucky dude.my wife kicks and spits everytime i say to her..he lets go for a ride.and she sees chains and a come-a-long in the back of the truck......lotsa luck on your new ride..

7. koolkemp

koolkemp

Sitting around for 30 years here....you would have been gettin it out in pieces, and not very big ones lol! I cant believe how solid it is nice recovery and score!

8. Alot less sore today and looking forward to getting the old 283 fired off this week. I will update the thread when I know more - Thanks, Chuck

9. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I here ya, ive had a few of those trips myself.

10. UPDATE - The 283 happily ran yesterday after being parked in the previous owners backyard 43 years ago. Just a simple point's filing and adjustment so far. It will need floors as expected but not bad for what its been through!

Attached Files:

• EC.JPG
      EC.JPG
      File size:
      140.2 KB
      Views:
    • EC1.JPG
      EC1.JPG
      File size:
      126.9 KB
      Views:
    • EC2.JPG
      EC2.JPG
      File size:
      129.3 KB
      Views:
    • EC3.JPG
      EC3.JPG
      File size:
      120.8 KB
      Views:
  11. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

Nice score! At least your's had wheels on it.....my truck only had one when I found it!

Attached Files:

12. I noticed you even had the key in the ignition...
    Be honest, did you turn the key hoping it would crank before pulling it out?
    Nice Score

13. They added some Impala trim (inside and out) and removed the "El Camino" scripts on the fenders......other then that looks stock.

14. jhutch713

jhutch713

I'm digging that ride, that yard looks like you did a major burn-out in it, but I'm sure it wasn't as fun, good luck on the build. Don't see many on the roads.

15. jhutch713

jhutch713

Oh, how the heck did that old truck get buried like that? ...and what dude stubbed his toe on the drip rail and said, "DIBS, where's my shovel?" wowza.

16. riv63

riv63
    from Texas

Awesome car. love the dog on the dash.

17. patrod

patrod
    from idaho

Nice save! I like my 67 el cam but would give my left nut for one those.

18. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

damn it i want this car!

19. Yes, the key was in the ignition and the gear selector was in Neutral when I started digging that day.

I bought it from the original owner's son, he told me to "bring a battery for it" when picking it up?... It was cool to put a battery in it, turn the key and have the dash lights come on.... even better to have it start right up with a little starting fluid a couple days later in the shop.

Last tagged in 1969 - it wasnt in a hole when it was parked there 43 years ago just fading away slowly....

Yellow Dog had been waiting all those years in the glove box when I cleaned it out, it will stay with the car for the rest of the ride.

20. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

love those 60's,had one a long while ago in oregon. lots of rust.it did have a factory elect.bench seat i thought was cool .good luck with your build

21. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Love those early El Caminos. My heart has been set on a '59 ever since I took ride in a new one in September of 1958. Been looking a long time and finally scored a '64 a couple of years ago. i've gotten a lot of parts for it to rebuild and until my dream '59 comes along this one will have to do.
    Good score on the '60. It's in unbelievable condition after sitting for so long parked on dirt. Keep us posted as you get her running and driving.

Frank

22. n847

n847

Beautiful car...glad you saved it! I can't believe how straight the body is for sitting outside like that! In Ohio that car would have been gone by 74'