Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Rumble , a few pics for your pleasure!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mongo, Jul 3, 2005.

1. We just got back from the show. We had a pretty good turn out, around 40 cars.I was a little dissipointed that a lot of people that said they were comming never showed, O well they missed a good show on a great day.
    We have already came up with some ideas for next year to make it cooler and bigger. We are all tired and sun burnt but it was a good time.I want to thank all the Pothole Surfers for helping get my car ready for the show.
    Time for some pics. These are all from Mikes camera.I will have some to post in a few days.

Attached Files:

2. Some more pics.

Attached Files:

3. Donzie

Donzie

Got back about an hour ago. Nice little show. It's always nice to see old friends again but I got to meet some new people and see some cars I'd never seen before.
    Thanks to all that made the show possible. Mongo, the Olds is looking good. My suggestion, drive it like it is and do whatever you're going to do to it this winter.

4. A few more.

Attached Files:

5. AZAV8

AZAV8
    from Tucson, AZ

Mongo,
    I love the the traffic cones and caution tape around the tail lights on the Olds! Tell kustombuilder, the "Administrator" of "Nitsa" approves and the FBI won't be coming around to investigate.

Great pictures. Thanks. It looks like you guys had a great time.

Who else went? More pictures, PLEASE.

Phil, aka AZAV8

6. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

This was a great little small show that just had a laidback feel to it. A great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. About two hours on the road there and as much coming home was just right to get the oil and trans fluid circulated and warmed up. I'm tired from being out in the sun but a good kind of tired. Know what I mean?:) Thanks to all who had a hand in putting it on.

Frank

7. CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom

Frank, we didn't get to spend NEARLY enough time together :( :( :(

Sometime soon, I PROMISE!!

-kris

8. Job well done...keep it fun. Had a good time. Just a nice ride and great visiting. I'm a little sun and wind burnt from top down over and back but repairable.

Charlie

9. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

Well I had fun, even if Mike's little nephew beat me in bowling :rolleyes: :p

It was fun seeing and chatting with everybody again I forgot to bring the albums (old stuff, late 40's-50's car club stuff...)... next time :cool:

I hope I left everyone with a smile!!! :D :D

10. Bucket~Boy

Bucket~Boy

wish i could of came it was probaly funner than what i had to do this weekend but o well i will have to go next year

11. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

thanks to everyone who made it out. there were quite a few HAMBers in attendance. with and without there jalopies. there were a few who swore they would be there but never showed :mad: . you know who you are. thats ok, your lose. i'm sure you just got lost or something :rolleyes: ... :D

good to see Sir Charles Chops again and the Midland crew as usual. got to meet Stinky Finger---EERRR-- Sticky Lifter from D-town. great guy. he even hand delivered the trans for little brother's modified. thanks again bud.

who else??? Hot Rod To Hell was there with the family in tow, our old (ex)minitruckin buddy Jake/NC/MI was there in his totaly killer Jimmy Shine mobile, Shakey Jake, HotRodDrummer in the Ionia Hot Rod Shop 52 Ford and his dad Denny in "REGRET". ofcourse Mongo's Olds was there though he did'nt actually drive it there. hell, he did'nt even RIDE in it there. i drove it out with Springer ridin shotgun while Pinball and Mongo rode in the family truckster behind us. don't ask me why, but i was'nt gonna say no when he asked if i wanted to drive.

i gotta thank my partner in crime Mike Kolhoff who realy did the majority of the work this year. i also have to thank all my friends and family that came out to help. mom, dad, my two youngest brothers, CherryBlossom, Aaron the (other) neighbor kid, my old buds from Scared Of Heights (Rob, Big J and Lisa), my old pal Jimmy from back home, the Pot Hole Surfers (Mongo, Pinball and Springer), Shakey Jake and a few of Mike's friends and family that were there to help, just for the fun of it. could'nt have pulled it off without ya.

we've learned alot about putting on a show and next year will be better. see you all there.

12. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

I was there as well. As said before, it was a small relaxed show. I took my girlfriend along and we both enjoyed the cars and atmosphere. I seen a few famliar faces, but not sure who was all there. Good time. Thanks to all that put it on.

13. springer

springer

It's midnight here in G.R. and I just got home. That was a long day. But I still enjoyed it a lot. Got to see some old friends and some cool old cars. We even worked on Pinball's car after the show and got it going down the road. You should have seen the big shit eaten grin on his face when he pulled back into the driveway after a short test run.
    Time to get some sleep.

chad

14. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

The wife and I had a good time although we were kinda laughing about how my 32 looked out of place:D.. I really liked the stuff you guys are building..
    Dave

15. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

It was a good show. Thanks to all the people that put it on. My wife went with me so we could go uot to dinner with our son that lives there in Lansing. All in all a very good day.

16. guiseart

guiseart

No no no no no no no

17. guiseart

guiseart

Yes yes yes yes yes

18. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

i'll throw up a couple more pics here...

Attached Files:

19. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

that Corvair CherryBlossom got a ride in is a 40 some thousand original mile second owner car. our friend Tim just bought it from the original owner who had it wrapped in a plastic bag and tucked away in the back of a barn for the last few decades. he got a great deal (so he says) and is about to turn it for a sizable profit. he never holds on to anything. i wish i could afford it. i'd buy it for my mom. she loved it.

the BMW Isetta was a real neat little car and turned ALOT of heads when it came buzzin into the parking lot. i don't think it would be something i'd want to drive down the interstate though.

some more...

Attached Files:

20. CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom

Just FYI - I put a post up for 2005 HOT ROD RUMBLE T-shirts in the Classifieds, in case anyone wants one :)

-kris

21. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Great pics, looked like a fun show.

22. Shakey Jakey

Shakey Jakey

Very nice ride Dave. Out of place? HMMM....

23. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

I meant that in a good way. The pickup with the tractor seats wat way cool and id like to know what axle he used with the semi eliptical springs . It was neat. The other pickup was way cool also. You guys are breaking all the rules and i see a lot of nice stuff. My 32 is my 5th rod and prolly my last cause im getting lazy> I did the t bucket the A thing the primer thing but all within the:confused: rules. The 32 is something I always wanted to do. Yep its 1-800-hot-rodd but someone forgot the destructions. I appreciate all your hard work and the cooool shit you guys do. I came home and had to clean the bugs off of mine ! Im liking the primer shit better all the time . Nice show sorry I didnt meet more people im kinda shy sometimes and I hope the next one goes better for yall.Thats a tough weekend trying to compete with the Marshall show but id been there done that since they first started it. I wanted to do something new.
    Dave:cool: