Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scrap or Salvage Yard?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sojerscraper, Mar 24, 2012.

1. sojerscraper

sojerscraper

Hey hambers - been a while. Been working on two wheeled projects for a few years but just about to get crackin on my '55 pontiac. got a fresh '65 389 with factory tri-power going in.

I need some moral/financial advice. I have two original '55 pontiac 287ci motors, their respective 3 spd trannies and a ton of '65 chrysler body parts (doors, hood, decklid, bumpers, grilles, lights, etc.). Ive been trying to sell it all for over a year to no avail. I need it off my property ASAP. I dont live on a big rural lot where i can just leave it & forget it. My lot is less than a quarter acre and having all this shit laying around for so long is not cool to my neighbors or my wife.

Now the question is - Can I get more loot of I just take everything to the scrap yard & have everything recycled or should I take everything to a local salvage yard? I'd feel less like a jerk if the parts stayed available in case a fellow gear head needed them and bought them from the salvage yard but really - after trying to sell everything for so long and getting dicked around by 'talkers', i almost dont give a sh1t where everything goes, as long as its gone.

whats a man to do?

2. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

craigslist freebies?

3. ol55

ol55
    from Virginia

4. buds56

buds56

The 55 Pontiac flywheel and manual bellhousing,dustshield and any clutch linkage are pretty hard to find and have some value, if its an automatic the trans has some value (slant pan hydro).

I hate scrapping old parts, but that would be all I would save JMHO

5. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

6. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

suprised the ponticas didnt sell. been swaping mopar parts for somtime now. c-body stuff seems the hadrest to move. there is a yard in jefferson pa. LUKES that might be interrested in your parts.

7. rdrunner1974

rdrunner1974
    from Vermont