Register now to get rid of these ads!

Salmon Brothers Collection No Reserve Auction June 16, 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by arkiehotrods, Mar 23, 2012.

1. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

The Salmon Brothers Collection in North Little Rock, Arkansas, is going to be auctioned off by Mecum on June 16th. 140 vehicles. It is a private collection that is shown to car clubs by appointment only. Top quality cars, from classics (as in Cords, Auburns, Cadillac) to 30s through 60s American cars, muscle, etc. '57 Chevy convertibles in a variety of colors. '57 Bonneville. Thunderbirds, heck I can't remember it all. I've seen the collection several times and couldn't believe the quality.

The Salmon Brothers run the U.S. Mail, and started out with one '57 Chevy convertible, and things kind of snowballed from there.

Here's the link to Mecum

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/top_picks.cfm?AUCTION_ID=AR0612

I also found a youtube video of the collection

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csxmim922nI

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  2. Very nice cars. Even with no reserve I'm sure they won't be steals. ;) Bet I go watch just the same (trying to keep my hands in my pockets LOL)

3. Weasel

Weasel

And what will your hands be doing when they are in your pockets?;)

No reserve doesn't really mean a thing - what determines the price range is where the auctioneer starts the bidding.....

4. I don't see a listing of the cars on the auction listing. I guess they will add that soon?

5. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

6. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

wow. I'd take that 60 caddy coupe and yellow 59 elky please