Register now to get rid of these ads!

Edelbrock vs. Weiand

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CB_Chief, Mar 18, 2012.

1. We are looking for input from anyone running a one of the superchargers below or anyone experienced in setting up superchargers. The options we are looking at are listed below. Any and all input is welcome. We are still struggling over which supercharger to buy for the 350 build going in my son's 1958 Apache. The engine is a new build from the crank up for supercharged application with 8.1 to 1 static compression.

We originally thought about the Edelbrock kit but found out recently that Edelbrock changed the design and doesn't offer boost change options for it any longer. The upper pulley is pressed on. On the other hand, it does have the bypass valve assembly that is supposed to reduce parasitic drag while in low/non boost situations and it has boost and vacuum ports placed wasy to use.

The other option we looked at is either Weiand in either 142 or 177 size range. It has a port that can be used for boost reference (for the 6BTM controller) but you have to pull vacuum (brake booster) at the base of the carb. Also the Weiand is staight rotor vanes versus the Helical in the Edelbrock (more efficient).

Thanks

2. glassratt

glassratt

hey i have run the 144 & the 177,go with the 177...about 1 " longer cace..more boost ,144 was a B & M and a 177 Weiand.you will like.you can still change the crank pulley to change boost..if you go with the Edelbrock just go smaller ,to pump up the boost,or you can do a 14-71 like what I run :) now thats real fun