Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Original " Orange Crate is 4 sale

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OneBad56, Mar 22, 2012.

1. flathead okie

flathead okie

Well, since we're dreaming, I'd drive the hell out of it every day to work and back, to the store etc. The hell with a museum, look at it on the street with me drivin' it.

2. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

X 1,000,000

I built this model as a kid, saw it in many magazines and when my brother and I helped setup the Deuce 75th show in Pomona, we lifted the body and studied it for a long time. History man.

Attached Files:

3. If it sells, it would seem likely we could expect to see it at Barrett Jackson in the near future (at that venue it should fetch much more), opportunity knocks.
    There are a select few people out there who appreciate the history, the car, and have the bucks.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  4. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In my hot rod dreams...super cool history car. Maybe:Ross Meyers,Jorge Zargosa,Bruce Myer,or Don Orosco,hey Mike Guffey,you "on" it yet?

5. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Bought this for $100, in maybe '63.... The body tilts back Just like "The Orange Crate", was the major sales pitch for it. Ha!

Attached Files:

6. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

I don't know, after thinking about it $150K may not be all that bad of a price, As You could put it on the autorama show for a year for around 3K per show. then charge twenty bucks a person to sit in it and get their pic taken, At that rate it would prolly pay for it'self in a year. (or at least cut the purchase price down a bunch) So come on, who's going to step up and mortgage the house, and own one of the coolest cars ever???....I would do it accept I already did.....LOL

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

That is so sadly true. :(

8. Sure hope someone in the USA buys this so it can stay at home where it belongs. I have allways thought this was one of the BEST......How about every HAMB member giving 5 bucks and we will have Ryan keep it for us?

9. Molina

Molina

If this is legit it a very reasonable price for that car. Especially when we live in a time where there is so much reproduction. Just sayin ...........

10. showrod

showrod

couldnt be built for that price today! lots of hours in this one. wonder if its a prank.

11. it was at the Portland Roadster Show a few years ago after being out of sight for so many years. there was talk of a restoration. it was in such good original shape, I thought it would be a sin to restore a Icon in such great condition. It appears to be a sinner now. I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  12. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

wonder if it will still run?

13. Ah, you want that all in cash or will you take food stamps?!?!

14. Muttley

Muttley

$290 million at last count. If I won (and survived the heart attack) I'd cater the HAMB Drags and buy a ton of parts to give away in a huge raffle. We would have a bunch of fun with that green stuff.

15. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

High Dollar nostalgia...... And an outstanding example.........

4TTRUK

16. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

I sure hope it stays in the States. I saw it when it won the PDX Roadster show. At the time it was just an amazing car. A great addition to a car related museum.

17. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

It's really a shame that the high school soccer players will pay 150 g's for a damn Mustang at a TV auction, yet I would venture lots of them don't even realize the historic value of cars like this.

18. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

wouldn't that be cool to see making a full pass down the track at the next HAMB Drags.

19. slammed

slammed

Damned straight! It could go to Don Garlits museum for a spell too!

20. OneBad56

OneBad56

Or that new auto museum in Tacoma, WA that just opened up.

21. Are you for real? As long as it keeps getting driven who gives a damn. It would be rad to see it flying down the highways of Japan or Sweden.

Those type of ass holes would put 24's on it. Let them keep their Gaystangs!

22. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

No fun? what would you do with It....Id burn the tires of it And life as a trailer Queen would be OVER!!!!

23. Deuces

Deuces

Bought me 5 bucks worth of tickets.... I'm a feelin' lucky today.... :D:D:rolleyes:;)

24. Jon SSS

Jon SSS

Is this is the car that Jeff Beck owned for a while. The asking price should include a mid-fifties gold burst Les Paul guitar. That should cover 50 grand or so.

25. Deuces

Deuces

Guess you've had your doors blown off by a few of those huh???... Good for you!!!! Hahahaha...

26. Nope, Jeff Beck owned "Super Prune" a tudor sedan with a clone of the Orange Crate's chop.

27. Jon SSS

Jon SSS

Payne- You the man! I stand corrected. Thanks for ironing that out.

28. -Brent-

-Brent-

Does anyone have a pic of this car right before it was restored? I'd be interested to see its condition then.

I love the old-timey photos of this car, I just wish it wasn't so over-restored. It was deserving of it though and I guess it's impossible to do with such an "icon." :D

29. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

The Orange Crate has been for sale for some time at that price - I knew about it 2-3 months ago.

Can you imagine the responsibility that goes with owning a car like this - you cannot drive it, just look at it. you must keep it in immaculate condition, tow it in a covered van, insurance - lets not go there. Not the easiest car to own.

30. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Every article that I have researched, has said "Unrestored Condition"....