Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Original " Orange Crate is 4 sale

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OneBad56, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Original Orange Crate 1932 Ford Sedan. Un-restored condition, One of the most notable Hot Rods ever, has a history that dates back to 1950. Won twice "American's Best Competition" car at the Oakland Roadster Show in 1961 and 1963, Won twice "Best Competition Car" at the Winter natioals. Won "Portland Roadster Show". Revel1/24 scale model,during the 45 years the kit has been available in is arguably the best selling model in hot rodding history. Cover and feature in Hot Rod magazine 1962, cover and feature in Rodder's Journal #38, Rodder's Journal fifteen anniversary edition all of fame. Complete with most of the original trophies and letters of intent for many car shows.
    One of the coolest race/show cars of the early 1960s was the “Orange Crate” 1932 Ford sedan, built by a couple of talented guys up in Oregon. Starting life as a race car and then morphing into a nationally known, award winning show machine, the car has survived the years in what appears to be flawless condition.
    There are several truly awesome facets to the car. Starting with the engine and trans, which are a Potvin supercharged Olds engine that measures out to about 417ci that is backed by a classic B&M Hydro four-speed automatic. Remember, this car is unrestored, so these are the original pieces that were in the car when it was built back in the early 1960s, no stuff that was yanked out and fixed up. The frame is totally bitchin’ because it is far more like what one would have found under a sprint car of the day, not a drag car. The front end has adjustable suspension, and other advanced tricks of the day, while the rear sports a quick change style axle. The original paint looks great, the body with its molded in fenders, hinged grill, and rear hinged passenger compartment is also stunning.
    via: racingjunk.com & bangshift.com

2. slammed

slammed

If you can not grasp this car, you likely do not understand the history of this hobby. I-C-O-N-I-C car.

3. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Fourteen times now, Iconic car.

4. Smokin' deal... wish I had the money!

Sam

5. NSTLGA 33

NSTLGA 33
    from australia

If I were a wealthy man that sucker would be coming to Australia.
    I hope who ever gets it appreciates history.

6. Wow nobodys used EPIC yet ! :cool:

7. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

8. I see that car every day . The TRJ poster sits on my 5 year olds wall above his bed.......cool car!

9. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

How about totemic, famous, well-known, celebrated, renowned, fabled, legendary,

10. flathead okie

flathead okie

1st hotrod I remember. Too cool.

11. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

Easily worth the asking price. Hell, Mercury Charlie was asking $390k for Nadine not too long ago....

12. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

This picture hangs on my office wall, a 16x20. I watched it run many times, even got to know the builder (Keith Randol) pretty well. Keith was a master at all aspects of car building, he was a chassis fabricator, he could pound out aluminum bodies, build engines from a V/8 60 to a turbo Offy, his nickname was "Grumpy", he was quite a guy!

Attached Files:

13. sounds like GREAT deal to me. ICONIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EPIC!!!!!!!!! frickinging STELLAR CAR!!!!! my favorite model kit EVER!!!!

heck, a car my dad bought out of pity from a broke racer back in the early '70's was on the block for over 400k just a few years ago (don't think it sold).

i hope it goes to the right home... and it will.

14. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

somebody know how to use a thesaurus!

15. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

I love the English language.

16. swazzie

swazzie

I'm not even a big fan of 32's but really , the orange crate? C'mon...

17. firingorder1

firingorder1

How 'bout too many zeros? (for my meager pocket at any rate)

18. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

I've got all the zeros, let me check my wallet. Yeah, I've got a one, and a five.

19. Muttley

Muttley

Hopefully it wont sell until I win the lottery this weekend.

20. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

ive loved that car since i was a kid, me and my dad built that Revell model.
    If I had it would put it in the front room of my house!!

21. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Shit, id be on that if i could afford it, anyone know anything about bank robbery???

22. Deuces

Deuces

Oh, the Mega Millions Jackpot???? What's it up too so far???... :D

23. The37Kid

The37Kid

It wasn't all that long ago that the car was "Restored", and I remember reading something about it being made streetable. Just how faithful to the Hot Rod feature is the car today? Wish me luck on Lotto tonight. Bob

24. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was just sitting here thinking the same thing. Add a room onto the bedroom make it a glass wall and when i woke up it would be the first thing i saw. Beautiful car and well worth the money.
    Gasser Girl

25. raymay

raymay

I agree. It would never really be a new owners car because they did not build it or restore it. This car is more suitable as a museum piece. It has some nice history and uniqueness which gives it such appeal. Hopefully whoever buys it will share that history for all to enjoy and perhaps be inspired for some of their own creativity.

26. gmpartsgod

gmpartsgod

holly cow.asked momma for 150gs..guess what...NO..we need a new roof and what about the other cars in the garage????

27. F&J

F&J

If that does not sell quickly at that price/condition, then we really are in bad shape economically.

28. at least it's not in the "Sitting and Rotting" thread. That would be a damn shame.

29. Damn ... I'd put a nice 350 in that, a T5, some Americans ... probably paint it black too.