Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Clutch Popper Wednesdays

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Kid, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Next came the honing. Charlie has this fancy honing machine that's perfect for this job.

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG]

At the end of night we had this to show for it.
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG]

It was kind of fun working at Charlie's shop for a change. Lee, and Dave are still away next week, but stay tuned. We will be doing something to somebody's stuff, and taking pictures of it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. Cars coming along rather nicely. Bakersfield is a really fun show!

3. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

Thanks Johnny for posting an update. BTW, any respectable gearhead would desire that Sunnen hone.

4. What a great thread!! I just saw this, and I love it.

5. MistShift

MistShift

Yeah, I have hone envy.

6. honer boner.

7. sounds painful

8. burnout2614

burnout2614

LOVIN that honer down here in Albamy! peace

9. So not much to report from last night. Dave was back from Bakersfield. Charlie was sick, Fat Dave was somewhere I'm sure, and Lee is somewhere between Reno and Edmonton. Dave and I met at the New West for another sub par meal. Then we went to the shop, and just worked on getting the machine shop setup. Nothing special.

We'll be back at it next week with the full crew!

10. brad2v

brad2v

You guys sure make the New West sound delightful, maybe take the wife there the next time we're in Edmonton

11. It's Thursday!

12. brad2v

brad2v

Maybe they all finally succumbed to the 'special' at the New West....

13. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

For reals. I miss my update.

14. yeah, maybe too much unicorn meat in the can...ugh, that didn't sound right.

15. Well, we had a Wednesday night. Maybe the unicorn meat took Lee out in his sleep or something.

16. Greezeball

Greezeball

Here's a unicorn getting Pegasus meet in its can ImageUploadedByTJJ1331872864.895943.jpg LOL!

17. ^man...that's messed up.

18. brad2v

brad2v

Ha ha, it sure is, but the cigarette is a nice touch.

19. Hey Guys, so yea, I'm a whole week late with the update. After being on holidays for two weeks, with no computer, I was cured of my internet addiction, and therefor had absolutely no desire to turn the computer on after I was home. This is the first time I've been on the HAMB in almost a month!

Anyways, last Wednesday was my night. I can't remember what we ate, or even how it was. Our project, was getting two birds stoned at once. My Dad has a 66 T-Bird that we took on holidays, and since we've got back I've had the car in my possession, and he has made no attempts at picking it up. So I figured I'd just tinker on it and cruise it for a while.
    First thing was to jack it up, whack the tailpipes off and replace them with a set of bell flower tips.
    [​IMG]

Bryan took the door panel off to see why the power window quite working.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Charlie started welding up unnecessary holes in the other bird.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dave kept going on the rear sail panel. This peice sure is a lot of work haha
    [​IMG]

Blowing smoke
    [​IMG]

Just as I had the brackets made for the tips, and was ready to weld them on, the welder ran out of gas. So that project was at stand still now. So I pulled the bird out, and drove my pick up in to swap out the winter rims, for the cragars....
    [​IMG]

The rears needed some rubber
    [​IMG]

Rear sail panel, starting to take shape
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cock shot of the night....
    [​IMG]

And the truck, rolling in style again. It's amazing how a nice set of wheels can make the average piece of shit look cool haha.
    [​IMG]

20. selohssa

selohssa

That is pretty balzzy swaping out the winter tires all ready. Looks good though.

21. Cruiser

Cruiser

Maybe, the New West menu will improve soon, here's there latest the New West pizza. The road kill special..........

CRUISER :cool: [​IMG]

22. UPDATE! NO ONE GIVES A SHIT! (tourettes guy in case you wondering)

So tonight, we ate like kings....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After we ate, we went to work on Johnny's roadster. Charlie cut off the drag link mount on the passenger spindle, and smoothed it out like the drivers side.
    [​IMG]

Dave welded up the wishbones for good, now that the angle is set.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And thats about all!
    Johnny and I went on a quest for some mufflers for his daily driver 79 Gmc. No luck. Apparently nobody in town sells mufflers anymore. After trying to two places we came back to the shop, and I found two cherry bombs in the shed. However there was not enough room to bring his truck in, because my shop has way to many cars half taken apart in it!

So instead, we loaded up all 3 trucks with parts....

[​IMG]

went for a drive....
    [​IMG]

AND ARRIVED AT MY NEW SHOP!
    [​IMG]

Yes thats right, I'm moving! 1200sqft more shop space, bigger show room, bigger office, and the best part, 1 acre of fenced yard.
    Sorry for the shitty pictures, the power isn't on yet, as just got the keys today for it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fred likes it too....
    [​IMG]

Anyways, thats all we did. Oh yeah, and Johnny and I had the most epic drag race ever.
    79 GMC 3/4 ton with a stock 350 and a granny 4 speed, versus my 64 F-100 with a stock 223 inline 6, 3 on the tree, and 2.73 gear ratio.
    As the traffic light was changing, i brought the ol 223 up to about 3500 rpm, dropped the clutch, chirped the tires, and we both took off like a herd of turtles haha. We should have filmed it, but it would have been like a 10 minute video.

23. LostHope

LostHope

Right on !!!Congrats on the new shop now you can stuff even more stuff inside!! fred looks like he may have gained some more weight...or it might just be his winter coat.....

24. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Man.. I wish I could find a shop like that for cheap around here. I seem to have the ability to own more parts and tools than I do the space for them.

25. Their not cheap here.... My old shop was $15 a sq ft. The new shop is a better rate, but the extra 1200 sqft makes is about $400 more per month.

26. Congrats on the new shop Lee where are you going to be? Sucks you will have to move Daves Lathe and Mill again:D.

27. hotflint

hotflint

Toatally. The new shop is next door from where we bought the mill....

28. The new shop is 12015 - 145 st

29. if you need helpers to move,just say so.Be glad to help

30. wanabe28

wanabe28

Way to go on the new shop.