Register now to get rid of these ads!

Warwick Nostalgia Drags 2012

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by OBFB HA/GR, Mar 20, 2012.

1. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Last Sunday we all had a great days racing at the 1/8 mile track in Warwick. A great fun place to race. The numbers were a little down but that just meant we had more track time.
    Our Flattie was running good, finally, and we were chasing a decent qualifying time, Barry got the gong there.
    We dialed in at 9.00 and ran a 9.005 in the first run, 9.016 in the second and then a 9.175 in the last, giving us 3 from 3, pretty happy with that.
    Poppa John strapped one on me in the final for a well deserved win. Good on ya mate.
    The next round is May, so we'll be there for sure.

Attached Files:

2. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

OK, now THAT picture deserves to be bigger & brighter. :cool:

[​IMG]

3. ThingyM

ThingyM

Pour a little more "Whoop Ass" in the tank next time.. Nice going mate....Dick M..

4. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

What the two Dicks said. Good to see you guys are having fun!:D

5. Old28

Old28

Great looking cars and you guys know how to have a good time.

We need pictures and information for "old6's" HA/GR & SDRA photo thread of the other two rides.;)

6. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

I'm one of "The Two Dicks" now?
    Hey Thingy, we're famous. :D
    Does mean anytime anyone uses the term they pay a royalty, and we get to split it? :cool:

Nigel, please thank The Black Sheep for their photo/info listing, and ask'em to fill in the question marks if they'd like.
    Gentlemen, the thread's nearly at 30 cars now, and already over 5,000 views. :cool:

Nigel & Kerry's car's already on the thread (one of the early ones), and I believe the middle car in the photo's the "Living HAMB" car, also already on the thread. :cool:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  7. bobw

bobw

That's a nice bunch of Aussie HA/GR's. I sure wish there was a few guys like you in my neck of the woods.

8. captmullette

captmullette

cool as hell, havein fun.........

9. Black Knight Racing

Black Knight Racing
    from Sydney Oz

Hey Nigel
    is it true that your left foot got a bit itchy in the finals :rolleyes: looking forward to August and seeing everyone :D

10. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Hey I was trying to keep that a secret, but yes, call me Captain Redlight.

11. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Hey Nigel, don't sweat it, as the old master who taught me the ropes running an E/Mod motorcycle told me, "If you don't get the red now and then you aren't trying hard enough".
    We had the class record for a while so I guess he did OK.

12. Black Knight Racing

Black Knight Racing
    from Sydney Oz

the day it pulls off you will be flashin that time card in my face with a 0.00 light :D:D

13. the black sheep

the black sheep

woo hoo the best light i`ve cut is a .012 at mopar sunday last year with a sick hambster , and nigal , i think i mite make a award for us guys who grab cherry light , even i`ve got it once or twice ,

14. Joe Hamby

Joe Hamby

Sometimes that great light does not help much. A few years ago I cut a light, then when I hit second gear (4 speed) I threw a rod, It did not go to the outside, I did not oil down the track. While I was setting there, they announced .0007 light, that's real close to a red light, they usually only tell about three digits. I was out in front. My normal light times are all over the place. There is a track in Mo. South of Springfield, Ozark Raceway, the right side red light has a star shaped hole in it, I saw that when I lit it up in 2005.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  15. Old28

Old28

Just remember that a 0.000 light is only a 0.001 from a perfect RED LIGHT.:eek:

I would take all the 0.010 lights I could get just be safe, that is if I could cut a .010 light. Ain't done that in a long,long.long time.:D

16. P-Dog

P-Dog

"The Professor" Warren Johnson, was heard to say:
    "A .0007 light is just a very poor job of red lighting"

P-Dog........