Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for hyd. clutch hose

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wreckfixer, Mar 22, 2012.

1. wreckfixer

wreckfixer

I am needing a hyd. clutch hose that runs from the master cyl. to the slave cyl. on my 57 ford pu. with a y-block and three speed. I HAVE CHECKED WITH MY LOCAL PARTS STORES AND LMC TRUCK WITH NO LUCK. So now I am turning to the HAMB brethren. Can someone help me out.

2. 35 Woodie

35 Woodie

Can't a local hydraulics shop build one? Or build one from brake line yourself?

3. bobscogin

bobscogin

Can't help with a source on an OEM line, but can you adapt AN fittings to the slave and master ports and just use a braided stainless line?

Bob

4. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Any NAPA store should carry any hyd. hose+fittings!

5. Yep............ ^^^^^^^^^^ What he said!

6. rtomss

rtomss

Napa will also make any custom hoses.... Doesn't get any easier than that.

7. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

If you have something to go by, check in at your local big equipment place, like a John Deer or Cat dealer/ repair shop.

They can make up almost any type of hose and most times very reasonable prices.

8. Run as much of the line you can as a steel brake line from the master to a point on the frame near the slave cylinder, then finish the journey with a hydraulic hose, there is probably some off the shelf hydraulic brake hose that is the right length and has the right fittings on the ends. As others have said, a real parts store or tractor place can make a hose for you.

9. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you don't like the looks of a hose running all the way down you can hardline it from the master cylinder down close to the clutch slave cylinder and run a short brake hose that has the correct fittings to connect from the steel line to the slave cylinder. That is how the factory would have run it to begin with.

Sometimes we look at these things and try to make them way harder than they actually are to deal with.

11. Armstrong

Armstrong

I just had my local NAPA store make one for me. They used 3/16 brake line(double flare) type fittings designed as hydraulic crimp on ends for 1/4" hydraulic hose. Worked great.

12. wreckfixer

wreckfixer

Thanks for the input. I took it to NAPA yesterday, I'll stop by later to see what they can do.

13. wreckfixer

wreckfixer

NAPA couldn't help. so I took to a hyd. place they fixed me up with the right stuff.

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool, it's always a good day when things work out.

15. Are you on the FTE site? (ford truck enthusiasts)

16. JimSwann

JimSwann

I used brake tubing and a short piece of ss flexible brake line. Running a M5R2 behind a 289 with the hydraulic throw out bearing.