Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Altered Wheelbase Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J.Ukrop, Aug 30, 2009.

1. You serious? No way does that Mustang have it's rear axle moved forward 18", much less the front moved 10". Looks like a near stock wheelbase .

2. the rear wheels on that mustang have been moved forward but not 18" maybe 10

3. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

Looks like the front fenders might have been stretched an inch or two, but I can not verify for certain by just looking at the photo.
    Still, a nice car and I'd love to have it too. I wonder if it was a hi-riser?
    Tom S.

4. With a C/XS designation, wouldn't that make it a 289?

5. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

You need to do a google image search for a 65 Mustang.

6. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

I bet you're right Nitrobrother. This was a smallblock or it to weigh a real bunch.

Here are a couple shots of a 65' I took last summer at Nashville G-G show. It was standard wheelbase.
    Wish I could have run into the owner, because I'm almost certain I knew the original owner of this car who drove it, raced it, and later put the beam axle under it and a 390, or a real close look alike. Tom S.

Attached Files:

7. Race Artist

Race Artist

Can you give us some more information on this car ... where was it from, was it built originally by Haven or did it start with an existing race car ... etc.? Thanks.
    Joel

8. Race Artist

Race Artist

Brian Kohlmann's '65 Dodge as run a few years ago ... two of the pictures are mine, taken at Atco, NJ. The other I added to titles and the "Lucas Oil" but didn't shoot the picture. Great car.
    Joel

Attached Files:

9. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

The thing that simply stuns me is those cars at 190 mph.......... just unreal !
    Tom S.

10. Love this car. Where on earth are the videos! I have looked all over and can't believe that with a piece of recreated nitro burning history in this day of video there isn't some some where.

11. 60 ford

60 ford

Awesome thread, lots of great cars. Can't wait to get my altered Falcon done.

12. Race Artist

Race Artist

I think Brian, Chucky Joliff from George Ray's Dragstrip and maybe Geoff Stunkard have video footage of the car running at George Ray's strip in Arkansas. Brian? Look up George Ray's if there is still a website and contact Chucky ... tell him Joel from NJ sent you.
    Joel

13. Thanks.

Doing a video search of that backyard drag strip turned up some video of a nitro door slammer nova.

That'll do.

14. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Let's get some more pictures on this thread, eh?

15. i have lots of video of the car. i just don't have a way to reproduce it.

16. Race Artist

Race Artist

Brian ... you need to contact Jim Amos at Bee-On-Video. You remember Jim from the N/SS meets back then. Jim does the best vintage and N/SS DVD's out there. Jim has a website and if you don't remember Jim tell him Joel sent you. Those days with your car should be out there for all to enjoy ... especially the George Ray's footage. Jim is a top notch guy too.
    Joel

17. Race Artist

Race Artist

The restored Jayhawker car at various N/SS meets back in the 1990's and as found before restoration. I believe the car is now out in Idaho.
    Joel

Attached Files:

18. Craven Moorhead

Craven Moorhead
    from New Berlin

The Snow mans 65 Dart

Attached Files:

19. i remember jim. he let us stay at his house. do you remember that night with the {small} firecracker. his neighbor was so pissed. i might call him to do something. my son put all the pictures on a disc. i was at the detroit autorama over the weekend with the coupe. i ran into the mopar marketing people and they told me the display with my car on it is mine when they are done with it. this the 20x35 or so display. its the fire burnout on canvas. its been at sema and pri i think it would look great in the new shop.

20. Race Artist

Race Artist

Hahaha ... yes, Brian I remember the firecracker bit ... You really should contact Jim Amos to get your video on DVD and out there. The footage from George Ray's is great.
    That's cool about the photo display. By all means get it.
    Joel

21. straightaxle65

straightaxle65

I posted these on the Drag Cars in Motion thread and figured they should be here as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

quick85 likes this.
  22. oldschool king 27

oldschool king 27

1964 plymouth fury altered wheelbase drag car

23. japar

japar
    from Seekonk Ma

Bill Lawton, Tasca Ford Mustang

Attached Files:

24. japar

japar
    from Seekonk Ma

Another shot of the Tasca Ford Mustang up against the Stone Woods and Cook Willys

Attached Files:

25. japar

japar
    from Seekonk Ma

Another shot of the Mystery 9

Attached Files:

26. japar

japar
    from Seekonk Ma

The Tasca Mystery 9 being built at the Holman and Moody shop in North carolina

Attached Files:

27. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Stole this from Gasser Madness Site!

<TABLE id=table1 border=1 width=800 background=../../../newsite/tabback2.jpg><TBODY><TR><TD width=800 align=center>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​

28. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

and you posted it here because?

29. knotttty

knotttty

im thinking ..... because its the altered wheelbase thread.......

30. according to bryons gasser madness that is a as found famous AWB 56 chevy