Register now to get rid of these ads!

I always wanted a shop like this...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by theHIGHLANDER, Mar 17, 2012.

1. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So now I got it. This is an update to my solo act I reported several weeks ago. It seems like I'll be fine, but experience has taught me to never let my guard down or take things for granted. After those several weeks of moving, scrapping, re-organizing and trashing the worthless, I have some much needed room to play. It's amazing how much stuff one can aquire in a lifetime, let alone 2. 2 means not only is my life's pile of junk but my dear departed Dad as well. Some things you can't just get rid of. Anyways, here a few pics of where I can be found for 10-12 joyful hrs a day. With the welcome warmth some old enemies have returned...MOSQUITOS!!! Tomorrow will have a full size garage door screen as a 1st defense. Enjoy, and stop over once in a while:cool:

4 cars and all of the tools/equipment:
    [​IMG]

My new Model A PU:
    [​IMG]

A "Speed33" project for a friend/customer:
    [​IMG]

What I see when I say g'nite to the kids:
    [​IMG]

I think it's appropriate to say that I mean for this to inspire. Now in my mid 50s, none of this came overnight. Still, surrounded by a 33 Packard, a 31 A PU, a modern street rod and 61 bubbletop feels pretty damn good. I almost hate to close up at night. Hope you enjoy the pics, and I'll get up to speed on the Abone and post as I go with it.

2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Is there any room to work in there...??? Looks awfull crowded to me...and you're correct, trying to save stuff always adds to the clutter...congrats on the move tho...and watch out for those mosquitos big enuff to carry away a terrier for lunch...!!!

R-

3. 62woody

62woody

Looks like Heaven to me!

4. oj

oj

I thinks we need another pic or two of that Packard!

5. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Comin up in an Amelia post. Stay tuned...

6. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Where the Packard is for the in and outs. She leaves next week after I fix a few new resto bugs we discovered in use. There's another building in the budget if I can shag the township into lettin me get away with it. That will be a real big help, and Mrs Highlander can have her Hummer parking space back in the house garage where my 41 Pkrd and 54 AD pickup are sitting:eek: Ya know, there's some room in the basement for...

7. i was eyeballin' that bubble top then i realized.......

8. flatford39

flatford39

SE Michigan can still get pretty cold. I see the unit heater but it appears to be a metal building. Do you have insulation??? Your shop is about as crowded as mine. I have my 28 Ford Express truck, 30 vicky, 31 roadster and my 39 deluxe coupe all under roof and it is tight but you can still work in it. Four more years to retirement for me and then I will be spending most of my time with the cars. Your shop looks alot like mine.

9. I am available for adoption.

10. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Thats the way a shop SHOULD look in my opinion. If your short on space it causes you to keep things picked up and put in their place. You also have to get things done so you can move on to the next project. When I had a big shop I found myself always storing someone elses stuff most of the time.

11. Forge ahead, Bro.... I love that you are off in business for yourself. I will support your shop any way I can. Dig that A truck - nice shape!

12. Good for you friend.

I know you are on the upswing. Keep us informed as time goes on.

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

As tall as you are I'm looking forward to seeing you in the little truck.:D

I'll stop down to see you sometime next month.

xoxox

14. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Congrats on the new shop. Nothing like finally having a place for everything and everything in it's place..........................even if it's only temporarily. By that I mean it will take time for a lifetime of aquisitions to find a permanent resting place within those new walls. When I finally got my 40"X80' two story finished I knew that this side of heaven I was "finally" home. Hope to come and see yours in person one day.

Frank

15. Willy301

Willy301

I love the shop...and its contents. Mine is just as crowded, I got Mom and Dad's stuff too, and they already had his Mom's and his Aunt and Uncles stuff mixed with their stuff...I am slowly digging the hole through all that stuff, and gaining floor space in the process....Hard to believe I only poured the floor in my shop about 10 years ago...it was so clean and nearly empty...for a couple days....

16. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Looking good! Congrats!

17. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Very nice shop and contents. I want one someday.

18. pumpman

pumpman

I can relate to what you are doing, I'm going through the same thing right now. Many years of collection treasures that "someday I'll use this" finally caught up with me. Enjoy and have fun. I hope in about a month I'll be in the same place you are now.

19. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

Nice toys! Clutter in the shop = clutter in the head. Can't image how much better I feel when I get rid of stuff.

20. Israel Casarez

Israel Casarez
    from Inglewood

I wish 1 day i can have a garage like that. for now I'm renting my father in law house. he told me that can't bring any more trash to the house ( meaning my project truck). I felt I was stab in the chest. is not like I'm taking allot of space we have a big yard in the back. anyways I'm looking for a house to take my trash according to him.

21. Looks damn good mate......a man can never have enuff shedspace.....I have five 6x3 mtr bays and there are still things sitting out in the yard that should be under cover.:( Close to the coast here too, rust never sleeps...........wax is my friend.:p The things we do for love....

22. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

23. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Nice- looks really well-lit.

24. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Nice garage with plenty of real nice cars,

I like a shop with a high ceiling either 12 or 14 feet is perfect for me.

Jimbo

25. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I added the full length screen on the garage door. It's been in the 70s for a bit now and the skeeters are like a biblical plague. For the money, it's one of the best things I've done since the set up. All week, out there until 8-9pm, no bugs! If you have the same issue it's money well spent. $99.00 at Menards, took less than an hour to put up.

I'm devoting 1 day a week to continued cleaning/organizing. Still a work in progress, and efficiency is growing. Next big move, "spray booth". FIlm at 11:00...

26. belair

belair

congrats on the shop. I too noticed the bubbletop...

27. ratt7

ratt7

28. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

that's a nice little shop you have there.

29. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Nice shop, If you were turning out that quality of work in the old shop. I cant wait to see what you can do here !