Register now to get rid of these ads!

Derek's 1950 ford coupe shoebox build and introduction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Batidor del mono, May 5, 2011.

1. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

hey desorama how about good ol 55 chevy spears? i was cotemplating using them

2. Yeah u think they could look alright I don't mind the stock trim but I gotta make a decision cause I'm gunna wanna weld up te stock trim wholes soon as I'm tryin to get a lot of the body welding outta the way.

3. Well a bit I progress today again. Got all the final holes for the door handles and the old mirror holes welded up and finished took my hand at my panel beatin skills to start removing some little dents and were someone has done a terrible repair on each side before the rear wheel arch the old drill holes an use a screw in slide hammer to remove dents then bog up. I wanna get those pretty close then oxy weld up the holes so ahron and tex can metal finish them better than I ever could. As u can see I got all the front metal off and put stuff aside to get blasted. I've decided to finish all repairs and custom metal work I want to do and put the car in epoxy so it's done properly and can be driven without any worry of rain and stuff. At least if I do all the work correct now it will be right when I'm ready for fillin and paint. Probably gettin a bit carried away again but I wanna be able to drive this thing in the ear future and not have it off the row for years while I fully build it so it's face lift number two this way I can have it neater and continue to work on it as I go. Also another set of hubcaps I bought off a fellow hamber, 52-54 mercury caps I believe. Could have the years wrong on that but I reckon they might look pretty damn cool on the spinner and I plan on puttin te car in a satin maroon colored sealer if I can get it tinted that color so full caps will look great.
    Des

Attached Files:

4. ausbuick

ausbuick

des your a busy man. i just got a cash injection for my 49 from selling a 302 windsor on ebay. so the shopping list continues
    cheers darren

5. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

looking the goods boss man

6. Gotta go flat out to get shit done is what I say plus I love working on this thing so much so the sooner I get shit done te sooner I'm cruising this warlock again.
    Good ol eBay I got a couple things on eBay for some extra spinner money.
    U know it morgs baby.

7. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

Great Thread! Gorgeous Shoe!

8. Thanks man right back at ya followed ur thread since u first got urs. Lookin super neat now good job.
    Des

9. rattlesnakehoey

rattlesnakehoey
    from Australia

El Batidor del mono has been as busy as a cucumber in a convent. Great work.

10. Ha ha senior rattle snake u know what I'm all about. I've been even more busy and will continue to be busy for the next couple months or so havin to much spinner fun.

11. As u can see gettin carried away couple pics just to just show wats happening here. Dash and shit is comin out for blasting and paint everything is gunna get some primer to keep this thing looking neat and moving along. I'm aiming for primed with a satin base coat for chopped just easy to seal it proper and be able to do filler work and stuff as I keep workin on it.

Attached Files:

12. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

hahaha thats what i said! only been two years, now its looks like a fucking sunday roast
    [​IMG]
    Looking good though man! Cant wait to check it out

13. that is one cool spit though seany boi, makes the old club spit look like childs play, mark my words chopped i will be there in primer, luke o'b painted dash airbagged flat out dow the dirt drag strip. who needs women, friends and family when u have a spinner to cuddle you at night. back out into the shed now, cant sit here after tea gotta smash this thing if i have a good chance at not spending my night before chopped up till late again puttin chrome bits on and stuff ha ha

14. A little more progress. Got te front window garnish moldings welded up and cleaned up the welds, ready for a skim of filler and primer.
    Got the dash out and goin to get that blasted next week and in primer. Had an awesome idea. Goin to use the radio facia still in the dash have the dial light up and everything but make the buttons my front and rear bag up and down switches using micro switches behind the radio which I reckon will be cool as shit and get new buttons or make my own.???? Thoughts on that.
    Also picks up a new stainless hinge pin from wadding tons as they stock vintique ink stuff so hopefully these are slightly over sized and I can redo my hinges so there's no play in them.

Attached Files:

15. the hacker87

the hacker87

looks like a bubble top hammond like a rost chook with a fish tank on top

16. Haaha ...........might be time to cut that fucker up......:D

17. ha ha ha ha yeah gaymond full bubble top spec i think it needs a haircut.

18. rattlesnakehoey

rattlesnakehoey
    from Australia

stick with it Sean, I'm sure your Spinner will be roasted to perfection.

19. Ha ha ha fair call. But we all know nothing as cool as a jet black club coupe rocking a loud ass six banger. Now that's cool.

20. Both tail lights frenching buckets trimmed up and in place now just a matter of making sure there square and tacking them in place. Then rid down the Seem in the rear quarters to be welded on. Should look sweet.

Also I think I'm just gunna buy new wiring harness no way I'm dealing with this shit that is all stuffed anyway.

And if ur Aussie check out the new street machine for the sweet pic my buddy and fellow Eldorado took down at the kustom nats in Phillip island. Do u think we're havin fun cruising round the track drinking beer with a big esky in the boot spilling water out every hard turn we took. Awesome

Attached Files:

21. Both tail lights square and measured up ready for welding tomorrow. This is a fair bit of messing around to make sure there square and aiming right. A lot of work. But good to get them right.

Also got half o my four link kit in the mail the other half is probably there tomorrow as it was sent desperate and sometimes this happens from the states.
    My new caps rocked up and they are awesome. Two of them are mint two of them need a little work. The back two I plan on panel beating and filing and sanding to get them nice even though u don't see much of it at all. But they will look amazing when I finish polishing them.

Attached Files:

22. Deu55

Deu55

Those caps look killer,just picked up the new street machine nice pic... getting famous now...Rod.

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

23. EBW

EBW

Pure sexyness !!!

I am curious to see Full air height and how you like the ride.

24. RI5KY

RI5KY

25. Thanks mate.

26. Well ride height will be we're I wanna set it for te bags to be optimal. But I think it will be a great improvement on 60 year old leafs with the diff on the bump stops ha ha

27. Thanks rod, famous Eldorado booze hounds ha ha. Cheers

28. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

ok you win you have the lowest spinner in the rados haha

29. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

haha

gonna have to chop yours now seany

30. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Just stumbled on to this thread---great job on it so far---Henry is smiling. The chop flows great.