Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wanted: 1960 f100 wire harness sections (who has them)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56 ford custom, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Im looking for the harness that plugs into the firewall just right of the brake master cylinder and up to the engine and or front lights. Also looking for the body to tail lamp harness. Then there is a "pigtail" that plugs into the body do tail lamp harness which is in the tail lamp buchet that should have a rubber boot on it. Who has these harnesses?

2. How much different or what makes the body to tail lamp harness or firewall to lights harness different between 58-59 from 60? Everyones website or catalog excludes 60

3. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Dont know where to source this stuff but thought I'd add some circuit info that may assist you or any others looking at this thread.

I guess you touch base with all the known F100 suppliers Dennis Carpenter, LMC and whatever that Truckers mob is...

Attached Files:

4. Thanks a bunch fifty! That will help alot. Either if I rewire or replace sections.

5. I looked for months to find wires for mine, no one has them. In 60 they did some one off changes, just try finding a headlight switch. I ended up using an aftermarket harness. I suppose you could use a complete 59 harness and headlight switch if you wanted to, I think all else is the same, but I don't think you can't mix with your 60 harness because of how it plugs in at the firewall.

6. I dont understand why nobody has made one yet after all this time

7. 51custom

51custom

Did ya try Ron Francis

8. They only do new universal harnesses

9. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

10. I gave them a call. They dont have an oem kit or pattern for the 60. This is unbelievable. Nobody has anything for this year.

11. I think the 60 electrical system is unique enough that its just not worth it for them to reproduce it. Some of the universal harnesses really aren't bad to work with, and make things easy if you want to add a stereo or electric fan or AC later on. Still will probably need an aftermarket headlight switch if you go that route.

12. I really want to keep this truck simple and factory for the most part.

13. Well sometimes an NOS harness will show up on e-pay. Other than that there just aren't many options for a 60 harness.

14. Yeah..I have searched everywhere and no luck. I need a diagram and maybe just rewire what I can my own.