Register now to get rid of these ads!

Post up your pictures of the "Worst Hackjob" you've come across.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by venturesomerite, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Faus

Faus

I worked for a guy in college who did construction work. One day he bought a mildly damaged trailer that only need a pro to repair (hitch area was bent and needed replaced). The guy went out and borrowed an arc welder from his elderly father, and did it him self. So after I was fired for refusing to tow the unsafe shit job of a trailer, it was wrecked by the guy who took my spot and he was fired by the guy who owned the company (who did the "repair"). He then "fixed" it again, and took it to be inspected so it could be tagged and from what I was told and saw later, it was and is still sitting at the side of his yard rusting away. The guy still is doing home improvement, just not welding anymore.

2. Rogga

Rogga

A dropped I-beam from a 1940 Ford I bought from Riverside,CA about 20 years ago.

-Just cut it and build the rest with welds four inches...........

Attached Files:

3. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

Alright I have to share the hacking that was done on my 55'. Note the drivshaft angle and custom motor mounts! Oh and how the header hit the steering column, you should've seen how they "cleared" the header around the starter. Threw those things away as soon as I took them off!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  4. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Man, I love these posts, makes my work look like a pro's.

5. ShortBus

ShortBus

Found this "frame repair" when I stripped the sheetmetal from my '66 Carryall.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

^ I used to work with a guy that had an S10 that was broke in half behind the cab. It was then patched by drilling holes through the frame, laying up strips of sheetmetal from a filing cabinent, and pop riviting it all together. Disaster.

7. Cali4niaCruiser

Cali4niaCruiser

yeah! That is freakin awesome! I bet he was proud of himself too. Holy crap

8. Sweepspear

Sweepspear

This stuff is unbelievable! :eek:
    I've always questioned the build integrity on many of these R word rods myself. I mean some of this stuff is clearly unsafe! How can anyone stand back from their work and say it's good to go? Idiots!
    The go-kart I made in Jr high shop class was more well built than many of them!

About the worse I found was on a Toronado I bought as an engine donor. Apparently the water valve for the heater failed. A previous owner used household plumbing valves from Home Cheapo on the hoses.
    At least in that case it didn't endanger lives.

9. dmikulec

dmikulec

Holy shit. :( After seeing these all I can say is... some folks need to stick with model trains or something. Damn.

10. PilotHouseMopar

PilotHouseMopar

Hmm, cant' clear the transmission on the power wagon chassis, no problem, just cut the firewall out.

[​IMG]

360 wont fit, screw it, cut the cross member up.

[​IMG]

What to do about a trans cross member? Oh I know, flat stock and then cut the rear cross member to clear the drive shaft!

[​IMG]

Steering box wont fit, eh just notch the frame!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sad part about this is, I'm related to the idiot that did all of this hack work. I am slowly getting the frame back together, but since it is hacked so much, I have to run a Mustang II front end.

11. 55FORDWGN

55FORDWGN

I think that thing is cooler then hell

12. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

Ya know years ago a world famous custom fell into a friends garage for roof chop we should have taken some pics it was a world famous west coast builders work from back in the day well long story short cut the roof off and the whole car fell apart lots screws loads of brass and some body filler oh lots of hardware store parts too we should have taken pics but more into gettin em done than take pics back then!

13. Hotdoggin DaddyO

Hotdoggin DaddyO
    from Hays, Ks

DAMN...In alot of those pictures I'm not even sure what the hell I'm lookin' at.:confused:

14. scotsmerc64

scotsmerc64

That is freakin hilarious.

15. Falcon

Falcon
    from nevada

I can't stop laughing... Thanks!

16. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

Man, people do some scary shit!

17. Maybe they were using the ENTIRE Falcon as a 3/8" socket wrench?

18. DdoubleD

DdoubleD
    from Michigan

Holy crap blood is shooting out of my eyes. Looks like some of the pics are just in "mock-up". I think there is some drug and alcohol abuse going on here.

19. Koolman

Koolman

20. Erixon

Erixon

Saw this gem last year. No windshield, and no floor whatsoever... just the frame and open driveshaft. Also he had his kid with him.

[​IMG]

21. Greasy64

Greasy64

The wife just walked in the room and said, "that's a menopause-mobile."

22. metalix_421

metalix_421

At least he has a wrench to fix it when the tack weld breaks on it

23. bottledViolence

bottledViolence

skrewz&rust

Attached Files:

24. 62rebel

62rebel

that's the work of Earl Scheib's lesser known cousin Max..... he can chop a top for 99.95......... done in a day.

25. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

[​IMG]

i like this one actually. i would drive it....is that a bad thing? :eek:

26. cakes

cakes

This is seriously great

27. Zigged should've Zagged

Zigged should've Zagged
    from Emmaus Pa

the older I get... the more I just shake my head

28. Here's some stuff I found in a SBF I bought for a core. The PO had "rebuilt" it and put it in his 4X4. Not the worst I've run into but the most recent.
    [​IMG]
    To extend the oil pump pick up for the rear sump pan, he just cut it and added a piece of heater hose. The oil pump would suck it down to the pan when the engine was running and starve the new std. bearings that were installed on the .010 under crank.
    [​IMG]
    There was a head bolt lodged behind the cam gear and he had used a 351 W pan on a 65 289 block, no problem with the larger rear main cap on the 351 W, just fill the gap with bath tub caulk and leave two bolts out.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  29. Ratrod54

Ratrod54
    from Frisco, tx

At least he got the sub wire run so he could bring the bass!

30. fts55

fts55
    from guthrie ok