Register now to get rid of these ads!

Best looking 4drs?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog Dish Deluxe, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Yes! These are way cool.

2. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

IMHO 4dr shoeboxes are way better looking chopped than 2dr ones. Thats right, start the hate mail in 3...2...1...GO!

3. str8 6 str8 edge

str8 6 str8 edge
    from Tampa

For me it's not about the door count, It's about that post. 4 door hardtops are kick ass.
    The Watson built Jim Jackson 56 is a good example.
    [​IMG]

4. 55/98

55/98
    from washington

Hardtops are the best looking 4 door cars imho.

5. rick finch

rick finch

6. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

As an example; In my honest opinion the wagon in your avatar is ugly as hell and i would never choose to drive or own one. Theyre just not my cup of tea and thats just my honest, personal opinion. Who are you, or me, or anyone else for that matter, to tell someone what's cool and what isnt. It's a matter of someone's opinion and that's the one and only bottom line out of this argument. Your avatar wagon was just as much,if not more of, a grocery go-getter than any of the 4 doors posted in this thread. Wagon's wern't "cool" back in the day and many 4 doors were rodded and turned into customs back then so yes, they are and always will be "cool."

our "ugly duckling" plymouth will go to a car show amongst many hot rods and neat old classics and it still garners quite a bit of attention out of the entire row. You may not classify it as "cool" or "neat" but a lot of other car enthusiasts seem to really enjoy the car. Why? because you don't see them anymore and the majority of them can relate to the car. You might think you know whats cool and what isnt, but it's your personal opinion; just like i have my own. people stare and admire no matter where that car goes. I guess sometimes simplicity wins out sometimes. in the end; I've determined that I shouldn't care what others think of the car we chose to drive and bring back to life. It's ours, we did all of the work, and we love to drive it; that's all that truly matters, isn't it???

4 door lovers: enjoy your cars and the compliments they get wherever they go. Dare to be different :)

7. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

If you think a Pontiac Safari is ugly you don't know what the hell you're talking about, in fact I've noticed 90% of the time you don't have a clue.

8. ImpalaBob60

ImpalaBob60
    from Havana, IL

I vote for 60 Impala... love at 1st sight.

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's hard to beat the 57 Olds 88 four door hardtop wagon.
    [​IMG]

Dad had a jet black 57 Super 88 four door hardtop that was lowered that was a great looking car and my all time favorite four door anything.

10. You got a picture of that car? I'd like to see it!

11. Why do people get so mad when someone else doesn't have the same taste as they do?? If we all had the same taste, all of our cars would look exactly the same. Some like four doors some don't, who cares. This is simply a place to share what you think is a cool 4 door. Not everyone will agree.

12. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Lots of them, but the first ones that always come to my mind are the '56 Chevy Hartop's and the '57 Ford Hardtops....
    Their roof lines just flow awesome in a four door hardtop!
    Would love to have either..
    Cheers, and great pictures above!

13. Magnum Wheel Man

Magnum Wheel Man

Well... I grew up on station wagons, caddy's & Lincolns... I always wanted a Contenental convertable... our coolest wagon was our '68 Cornet 440 wagon...

but to the thread at hand... I must have skipped a generation, as I started driving 60's cars, & this thread contains alot of nice looking 4 doors, but I got the itch for a suicide door trunk back sedan, & IMO, the 37 / 38 cars looked just like what I wanted...

ended up picking up this Nash Lafayette last year, but I looked at a Dodge & A Plymouth that had the same "look"

my NASHTY1

Attached Files:

14. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

I like the 59-64 GM flat tops too.

15. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

16. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

If variety wasn't the spice of life we would all drive white Ford Tauruses and built model A's on '32 rails with small block chevy's and '32 grill shells. Some kool 4drs posted guys, thanks for all the input. I always love to hear from the douche bags that can look at a car thats butt ugly but has 2 doors parked next to a gorgeous car that happens to have 4 doors and talk about how much better the ugly piece of crap is just because it has 2 less doors. It just doesn't make sense, I don't think the amount of doors really does anything to make or break a car, it's all about the body style, stance, and overall look of the car. Of course my opinion doesn't count because I'm under 50 years of age, so I wasn't around back in the day when 4dr cars supposedly didn't even exist.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  17. sylvian

sylvian
    Member Emeritus
    from Burbank

I think my 1959 Imperial LeBaron is among the well designed four door models. A big fan of Virgil Exner here...
    [​IMG]

18. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Sylvian gets it, a man with taste.

19. sylvian

sylvian
    Member Emeritus
    from Burbank

Thanks Nads and congrats on that being your 10,000th post...!

20. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Oh wow, I didn't even notice, well it's about time.

BTW, I love every car in your collection, except for the Karmann Ghia, which I find adorable.

21. Im a huge fan of the 56 more door hardtops!!!!

22. After reading this thread I see that some of you have no taste at all. Since my sense of taste is perfect, a lot of you are just wrong.:D

23. Zandoz

Zandoz

I submit for your approval, the 1954 Studebaker Commander.....

Attached Files:

24. Zandoz

Zandoz

And the 1953 Kaiser Golden Dragon....

Attached Files:

25. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

its a matter of personal taste, its apparent that this is very difficult to comprehend for some HAMBers. if you dont like 4doors; don't bother wasting your breath on a thread about them. its plain and simple.

26. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Best looking 4 doors, not ALL 4 doors, I like a lot of the ones here, I like yours more than a Honda Accord but nowhere near as much as a Pontiac Safari.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  27. rld14

rld14

Eh..

The line is getting blurred I think between "What we like/own" and "What the HAMB is about".

I own a 54 Ford Customline Fordor. I love the damn thing. I've discussed it on here, but my main focus here is getting ideas for building my hot rod, and I am accumulating parts and working on a plan for it.

In 1954 my car was not cool, it wasn't cool in 1964. It's arguably cool today amongst the general public because it's a mid 50s chrome covered bright blue thing that stands out in a sea of modern stuff. It's a fun and cheap driver to me and I have fun with it, but it's not exactly a great base for a traditional hot rod or Kustom... seems like the 4 door Kustoms that I see posted on here are the exception, and sure as heck not the rule.

Oh, Sylvian, that car is fucking GORGEOUS.

28. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

farmergal, why the shaved rear door handles, an attempt to make it look like a 2 door?

29. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

Never understood why people do that, either shave all 4 or leave it alone!

30. INTMD8

INTMD8
    from Il.

I'm liking that Imperial and the Buick wagons.

IMO many 4dr hardtops look better than a 2dr post car.

I'm having fun with my project :) -

[​IMG]