Register now to get rid of these ads!

Best looking 4drs?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog Dish Deluxe, Mar 19, 2012.

1. I like the hardtops , I`m still not feeling the posts . That being said, this thread has opened this old dogs eyes some!

2. Sixness

Sixness
    from Cen Tex

"As a kid I didn't like 'em,......but as the years have gone by," I have become to lazy to get out and hold the seat back so some one can crawl in the back seat !!! I think the 1956 Chevy 4 dr. hardtop is the nicest one out there...

3. Must have been partly due to that two tone green 55 Buick 4dr I helped do in shop class class for Mr Higgs that contributed to me earning honors at graduation. (similar to pic shown)

Attached Files:

• B4.jpg
      B4.jpg
      File size:
      71.3 KB
      Views:
  4. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

My 51 Chevy definitely wasn't the most graceful in stock for, but a little cutting here and there..........

Attached Files:

5. 1954 rocket 98

1954 rocket 98

my two 4 doors 51 lincoln love the sucides and a catalina that i have driven off an on for about 15 years now, thinking about selling it this year thou.

Attached Files:

6. outlaw256

outlaw256

never saw a mordor that i really liked, but i do like the early60s lincolns with the suicide doors if i had to choose one. to me 4drs just aint hotrod material.

7. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

If this thread was asking about the best looking FACTORY 4drs, I'd have to say '53 Desoto. Than again I'm kinda partial to mine. These are sad sad pics of my car the day I got it home from the junkyard, The poor girl sat there since '76. I know it looks like shit in these pics, but imagine what a head turner it could've been when it rolled off the line. Check out that side profile, this is one of the few cars I think a chop would ruin.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now if this post is about best looking NOT STOCK 4drs, again I'm pretty bias
    [​IMG]

8. rick finch

rick finch

9. rick finch

rick finch

10. rick finch

rick finch

:D

[​IMG]

11. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

On what planet are some of these dogs you guys posting considered good looking, a 53 DeSoto, ya gotta be kidding?
    I'm glad you love 'em because they're yours but be realistic.

12. I thought DeSoto only made accessory grilles.

13. slim tempo

slim tempo

Are wagons considered four door?

Attached Files:

14. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Everyone loves their child, even the ugly ones.

15. NuckinFutz

NuckinFutz
    from GA

LMAO!! That's classic signature material right there!

16. No Plan

No Plan

I am so glad someone said this!...because I've thought this for years! Some cars are just plain Never going to be cool.They weren't back in there day & sure as hell DID NOT get better with time, never will!...but that's what so neat about the whole thing, some will never understand!...Just because they are old don't make them neat! ...Sorry I'm such an ass. Can't help it.

17. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Its cool, I understand you've got no choice but to be a troll. Too bad the HAMB is so small you can't find a thread with cool cars to post in.

For the record, I don't even own a four-door.

-Dave

18. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

Some dark clouds never miss an opportunity to rain on someone elses parade

19. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Oh please, I gave my 2 cents worth, this thread's not about your car, but what is stylistically triumphant, you want me to put a pic of my 4 door 60 Chevy station wagon up here?

20. I'm going to make a small attempt, and will probably fail, to explain a little something.....Hats off to all your Moredoor guys and your love for your cars.....That's a big deal. An explaination of sorts might be helpful.
    Many of the fourdoor lovers are younger guys (not all). If you were a kid from the
    '50's and '60's, you probably have a different (NOT WRONG) perspective on the whole hobby.....I grew up not wanting anything that had 4 doors....those were (geberally speaking) the cars your Mom and Dad and Grandparents drove.....Not the stuff of the majority of Customs were based on, and certainly not the first choice of the young adult who loved cars.............that's just the facts.
    Today, all the "cool" stuff ( Two doors... Sedans and Hardtops)that survived had been grabbed up, worked on, junked, destroyed, or given new life by the Hot Rodding/Custom community. many of the cars that were passed over for years, are the ones now available so "cool" gets a new definition....if it's OLD, it's cool.
    I'm thinking that the OP was thinking old cars from the 40's-'60's and not so much the '20's and '30's, and probably not later model Wagons either......There is room for all of us, but one needs to remember that what we remember is not neccessarily what actually was in reality. In my mind, there is NO BETTER resource than the Little books and the car Magazines of the Late '50's through the Mid '60's......
    Be creative as you want to be, but the official record is still there for all of us to get a real perspective on what real Customs of the era looked like.......There is an immense difference in the perspectives of younger guys (thank God for you....) and what really was being built in the day. Simple example....Chopped tops....if you knew where a chopped car was....EVERYBODY knew it because they were scarce....today, a lot of dudes think that everything was chopped in the early days....Simply not true.
    That's the long way of saying that I'm thankful that so many cars are being built today, no matter how many doors it has....having said that...I came from a place that really preferred NO car than having a fourdoor. I'm NOT the standard....I'm just a guy.
    Keep building them........and keep enjoying them There's room for all of us........Centurion9

21. I ended up with my 4 door 54 Chevy cause it reminded me of my first car, a 600$ 4 door 53 Chevy. Not to much of a fan of 4 door cars but I have had it for a while and it's still fun to fuck around with. I think thats what its all about just having fun with what you got

22. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

That's probably why I like them. I also happen to like my vintage cars with period-sensitive performance upgrades - your average restorer calls that "hot rodding" - if there's a better term equally as succinct, I'm listening.

All in all, a very balanced analysis Centurion9. Thanks for your tolerance. It's a big hobby, and we've got more in common than not.

-Dave

23. No Plan

No Plan

VERY WELL EXPLAINED! I came from that same place!...prefer no car to a 4 dr., but that's just my age showing! I love some of the stuff the young guys are doing, check what the hot rod/custom culture that's going on in Japan & Europe. They are beating us at our own game. They are incredible, not a cool 4 dr. in the bunch!...Don't tell me that all the 2 drs. are gone! My son last summer found a early custom 54 Ford hdtp 15 miles from his house. We are currently in a complete rebuild w/ it....Best looking 4drs? They never made one. IMHO!

24. Dr.HairyOlds

Dr.HairyOlds
    from CNY

I think that suicide doors are always cool. I think the make or break for four doors are the roofline and window frames. I feel the same about wagons. Ford wagons did a good job of sloping the A pillars enough to ditch the boxy feel some GM wagons have. Same reason the buick caballero and olds fiesta wagons are so bad ass

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now is there anyone brave enough to claim a more door is better looking than its two door counterpart? (suicide door lincolns are not even arguable btw :-D

25. There really are only a few 4drs I really like. This 60 Impala of mine is one of them though.

Attached Files:

26. John Stimac

John Stimac

Kinda fond of the look of my Deuce

Attached Files:

27. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Oh come on, you guys have no imagination. Nuthin' wrong with a desoto

28. Never expected to own one either. . All I could think about were Muscle cars. . and it lead me to a beautiful 61' Cadillac De Ville. White and like yours.

29. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

I was kinda the opposite. When I was a high school kid I had a '50 Desoto, then a '50 shoebox, then a '64 Impala, ...ect. All 4drs. I dug the hell out of them and drove them every day and actually saw 2drs as mullet muscle mobiles. (I lived in a really white collar yuppie town.) That was the late 90's - early 2000's. Now that I'm "old" and have a family, all of our cars are 2drs except my wife's Camry. Go figure.