Register now to get rid of these ads!

check out AA/GS running exehibitionruns at the Gatornationals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by smautobody, Mar 20, 2012.

1. smautobody

smautobody

2. Larry T

Larry T

Rocky says they're gonna run at Indy too. Racing not exhibition (if I understand it correctly). Maybe he'll jump on here and update things.
    Larry T

3. smautobody

smautobody

I heard that too! WOW and I thought running at the gators couldn't be topped. thats awesome the crowd in fla. just loved the cars and the show

4. Larry T

Larry T

Just noticed you're avatar. Looks like you might be more than a casual observer! :) Congratulations on the show at the Gators. Ya'll gonna make the Indy deal?

Sometime it's kinda hard to connect the names here with the names on The Gasser Madness group.
    Larry T

5. smautobody

smautobody

Yes it looks like it's all a go WOW!! I'm so glad NHRA is giving it a thumbs up

6. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Thanks for the video! Great to hear they'll be a go at Indy!

7. smautobody

smautobody

Yea it's great news for all nostalgia dragracing the crowd responce to all of us was unbelieveable I'm so thankful to be a small part of it

8. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just got off the phone with Rocky. This is way too cool. They will have two rounds of qualifying, eliminations on Sunday and the semi's and final round on Monday. We all want to thank Steve Gibbs and Eileen Daniels for this great opportunity. I'm not going to miss this for anything.
    Gasser Girl

9. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the video. Hated not being there. Look forward to seeing you and another one of those burnouts in Indy. Tell Brian that we say hello.

10. smautobody

smautobody

that sounds great I will tell him for sure I know he was really bummed he couldn't make the Gators and I was bummed too! I know Henry is smiling down

11. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Always my favorite class at the Nationals in the 60's. Might have to go to Indy this year!!! Now, if only Ohio George would be there----:)

12. smautobody

smautobody

you just never know who will show up this may bring out some of the heavy hitters from back in the day

13. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

OH WOW, what a blast from the past! Terrrific, lets hope this spreads! Thanks for posting.

14. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tell him that we would love to see him at Indy. I'm sure Henry is very happy about this.

15. smautobody

smautobody

I'm going to make him go even if I have to kidnap him lol! I know I thought about Henry alot when I was there I know he would have rode shotgun with me to fla. we stopped at Garlits museum mon.morning before we came back that was incredible

16. FEBCO

FEBCO

As I have heard, the Indy deal is to be invitational.....After the AA/GS class at the NHRR at Bowling Green....so it seems to me if you want to go to Indy, plan early, show up, qualify and put on a hellof a show at the NHRR.....I know that's what I'm going to do....See you at Bowling Green......

17. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Think for a moment.......5 teams went to the Gator Nationals to Represent Nostalgia Gassers. ........Hats off to the 5 Teams that put on a Professional Show......Passed Tech.........and got the GREENLIGHT fromm NHRA...........to bring back a class that has not run since the early 70's....................WOW..........is that awesome......cannot wait to see the advertising for that one........THE GASSERS WILL BE RETURNING TO THE BIG GO.......BE THERE...........

18. smautobody

smautobody

way cool way to put it Doug

19. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Great video. Look forward to seeing more. Truly a blast from the past.

20. smautobody

smautobody

yes I totaly agree nova joe did a awesome job making the video

21. violet springs

violet springs

Great Video, you made the gasser faithful proud.

22. smautobody

smautobody

thanks man I appreciate it we all did a great job Skip did a killer burnout with the anglia that brought the crowd to its feet to start bus off I think they thought we were gonna baby them down the track ha ha

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  23. Verminator

Verminator

I'm so jealous..... man, I hate putting the car away for the winter.....See you guys at the Beaver in June !!!

24. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Great video by Joe and Donna Welsh!!!!! The Gator Nationals were cool...but the best is yet to come! The 2012 season is shaping up to be an historical year! With period correct AA/GS cars making their return after 40 years! And the really cool part is this is only the start. Look for true period correct AA/FD's, AA/FC's and AA/FA's to follow suit!

25. smautobody

smautobody

I hear ya I gotta admit Dragracing in march is awesome and the weather is so nice here now it really gets ya ancy catch up with ya at the beaver

26. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

Un real they finally took there head out of their ass ...... now they will get their gate back!

27. smautobody

smautobody

Its a awesome deal I know NHRA will be glad they gave it a thumbs up for sure

28. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think alot of fans are going to be very happy. I sure wish our good friend Pork Zartman could be here to see it. It was 49 years ago this year that he won there.

29. smautobody

smautobody

30. FEBCO

FEBCO

KS rides with me every pass I make in his car....Trophy run last year at NHRA NHRR we were both yelling when we won.....Thanks, Bill and Rocky....