Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Billetproof Florida 2012 Pics and Thanks!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Choptop

Choptop

WOW... what a good time. Thurs-Sun. just flew by. Billetproof Florida returned to Big Daddy's Museum of Drag Racing and EVERYONE was stoked about it and it showed. Great bands, lovely pin-ups, amazing models, cool artwork and good friends. Big Daddy was having a ball.

I cant thank ya'll enough for coming out, ya'll really make the show and you made this a good one.

Many thanks to The Swamp Kings for their hard work. Without them it wouldnt happen. Shows take lots of people to make it all go smooth and they've got it down. The Swamp Kings also hit lots of the trophies out of the park this year. Real works of art. Thanks a ton!!! And thanks to the rest of the clubs and individuals that took the time to create works of art for this years trophies. Amazing stuff.

Thanks to Chris at Garlits who makes a lot of things happen behind the scenes and leading up to and on the day of the show. And huge thanks you to Big Daddy for having us back in his backyard.

Here are some of the pics I had time to take... you can see all of mine here:http://billetproof.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=10947&g2_page=3

early morning in Central FL. A little fog on the fields, hot rods in the driveway.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Head Gate Goon Rooster
    [​IMG]

Swiss Mike and his amazing ride
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

nearly a "before and after" picture
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When was the last time you saw a 1960 Ford Courier? Never? They only made ~400 of them.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Choptop

Choptop

the model car show was AMAZING. this one was COMPLETELY scratch built... the wood panels on the sides had hand scribed woodgrain in them. The engine block was cast by hand. The shift knob had flashing l.e.d.s in its eyes... WAY cool.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

way cool models in the show
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the model Make-&-Take was a hit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Choptop

Choptop

4. sololobo

sololobo

Thanx for the great pix. Love the early morning fog hanging in the background, cool! ~sololobo~

5. Choptop

Choptop

General fun and cars....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Choptop

Choptop

7. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

8. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

awesome pics! I'm hoping to go to the event up here this summer. This thread just got me more excited about it

9. swissmike

swissmike

Alan - it was great meeting you at the show. Thanks again to you and the host club for putting on a successful show.
    The only suggestion would be to stricter enforce the admission criteria to keep some of the worst RR out of the show.

10. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

This was the first time I attended Billetproof and didn't have to work. :D Pam and I had a great time. The bands were super and, of course, the location was perfect. Thanks for doing this again and I hope it was a big success. Alan, sorry I couldn't find you before we left. Thanks for everything.

11. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

had a great time at the show, thanks to the swamp kings and the rest of the staff

12. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Great job, Alan, Mellisa and The Swamp Kings, best one yet.

13. boutlaw

boutlaw

Outstanding show Alan. Thanks to you, Melissa and the Swamp Kings for a fantastic show. I had a blast!

BOutlaw

14. MillerLite

MillerLite

Great show and awesome people, Swamp kings really worked their butts for this event and it showed. Amazing cars and crowed couldnt be a better time.

15. THEKID49

THEKID49

Thanks Alan and Swamp Kings. Great as always. Nice being back at Garlits. A little car trouble on the way home, but we backed the blue truck off the flatbed and drove that home. It's first time on the highway. Looking forward to next year.

Attached Files:

16. Choptop

Choptop

17. Choptop

Choptop

got some good pics of the awards ceremony as well...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. ljphillips

ljphillips
    from alabama

Hey Thanks for the pic of my 1960 ford courier on here.Just got it back together after a 6 month redo.Won best wagon got 14mpg running 75 with the old big block.O by the for any one who went to the first billitproof in gainsville this is the same wagon that I had to put cardboard over the wheels .I had just recieved the car from montana had foose wheels first thing I changed.Thanks again, Larry

19. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Loved your wagon, one of my favorites.

20. greenone

greenone

I love the shit rocket award! What was that for?

21. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

That was the "Jive Bomber" award. :eek:

22. Choptop - thanks for all the pics and thanks to The Swamp Kings for doing such a fine job. Seeing Big was the high point for me. He is working on a couple flatheads. This shot was a high point for me.

[​IMG]

23. Choptop

Choptop

HA! looks like he is using "the force" on the engine.

24. SIC98

SIC98

Ha-ha, Yeah he's using Jedi mind tricks to keep it from overheating! YOU WILL NOT OVERHEAT, YOU WILL RUN COOL!! Big Daddy, he's so awesome...Brian

25. Choptop

Choptop

These are not the exhaust port cracks you a looking for.

26. In a few minutes it became a blown 392!

27. Philbilly

Philbilly

Great pics! Thanks for posting!