Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '63 Dodge Utiline, finally a H.A.M.B friendly truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Beat2Hell, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Beat2Hell

Beat2Hell
    from So. Cal

Hey all, I read this forum all the time but finally have something I can post about. I got this to be my daily as my o/t '67 uses a bit too much gas for 60 mile commute I've been using it for. Slant 6, push button auto. I don't intend to do much to the exterior, lower and white walls. I do wanna hop up the slant 6. You guys will laugh but I bought her for 750 and drove home with a gate latch holding the driver's door closed. Everything I've ever owned had a mopar small block, so this inline thing is a nice change of pace. There was white froth all in the rockers and oil pan. We thought the head gasket blew, but it was just condensation. Whew! I'll keep you guys posted. For you viewing pleasure:

Attached Files:

2. Polara Pat

Polara Pat

Cool old truck should be a good daily. There's lots of hop up slant six parts and tricks for getting great economy and power.

3. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

yea buddy! good score!

4. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Nice:) rear fenders were the same up to 1985......unless you like those heavily customized ones you got:eek:

5. Beat2Hell

Beat2Hell
    from So. Cal

Heavily Customized! Ha! That one gave me a good laugh.

6. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

7. cool....I have a 66 D300 one ton....keep your eyes out at pick n pull for those overdrive 4 speeds they put behind the 1976 to about 1985 Dodge trucks behind the slant 6....you'll need the bellhousing also....good luck

8. 123

from Seattle

Sweet!

Here is my year round daily driver...

60 over slant six, 268 cam, ported head, 4bbl, headers, 400cfm carb, GM alt, HEI ignition, overdrive 4 speed and 3.23 rear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Beat2Hell

Beat2Hell
    from So. Cal

Man your truck is awesome, I know I saw a build thread for it somewhere. And I think I remember it being primered out briefly? Nice dart in the background my brother is a diehard a-body man, In the 3 years since we got our licenses he's gone through a few darts and valiants... a '64 '65 '69 '72 and a '74. The 65 is his daily right now. We tend to keep one at a time and I think this utiline is the last thing I'm gonna own for quite a while. Now I have to unload my '67 long bed with 318 and 4 speed somewhere.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

10. squirrel

squirrel

Getting the doors to shut and open on these trucks is a bitch. I'm not laughing, I'm sympathizing

11. Sweet truck! You know it is really easy to slide a big block in there . . .