Register now to get rid of these ads!

61 Uni Drop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jake8092, Mar 18, 2012.

1. jake8092

jake8092

Thanks for the photo's and input guys, I really do appreciate the help. I'll revisit my notches this weekend. Most likely I will buld a few plates like above, cap over the outside and inside of the frame rails. (which is boxed I just dont have photos of it)

I'll find some stock to do more of a typical 2-3" "C" notch in place of my obtuse "V" notches lol, I'd seen several done like this before so I followed suite...No harm done, Ill fix it accordingly.

2. I have a 61 unibody and have purchaced some monoleaf springs 4.5 inch lowered in the front and 6 inch rear from POL havent yet fitted them. Anyway 1. Have any of you guys used them? 2.Has any one used them and also flipped the axel / dropped axel front? Sorry to hijack the thread
    Moondog

3. salf100

salf100

I second this. I used 6" pipe for my notch cut in half and boxed 15" either side. Very strong and no cutting into the bed.

4. salf100

salf100

By the way love the new look of the uni. For the front, did you use the stock height shocks?

5. metalshapes

metalshapes

This is funny...

You make a mistake, and then berate Zman for pointing it out to you.

Personally, I think its nice he cared enough to do so.

And since we now have your attention, please look at ElP's suggestions.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  6. Blackie

Blackie

Good on ya fixing it. I was worried... Unibody Fords are fun until you realize how much easier every other pickup owner has it when they yank the bed off...

Sent from a pay phone

7. jake8092

jake8092

Yep, I took offense to the way it was directed not that he pointed it out. Sorry Zman, again I appreciate the input

8. jake8092

jake8092

I havent even put the shocks under it yet, I have driven it about a block since it's been back on all fours. Ive given thought to moving the upper shock mounts up so that I may run a longer shock.

9. I guess mine's not quite as low as yours in back but we didn't have to notch it at all. Of course I don't drive it on the streets.

10. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

It's cool, it's just the internet. I'm glad that it's going to get addressed though, those are real cool trucks. I'd hate to see something bad happen to it.

11. SIC98

SIC98

All frame talk aside, the truck looks sweet, I like Uni's and its a big difference from the first pic, good stance to it!...Brian

12. jake8092

jake8092

I'm glad I posted pictures of it before it did!

Cheers

13. tjm73

tjm73

Killer stance. Attend to the rear notch like has been discussed and that'll be righteous ride.