Register now to get rid of these ads!

1930 model a air ride clunker

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spooky30a, Mar 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spooky30a

spooky30a

lol no dude its santa fa. that road sucks!!!!

i think that my car is the same length as the concert they pored so when i drive down that road my car hops really hard no mater how fast I'm going it goes right with the bumps in the road. lol f ing bs stupid colorado roads suck!

didn't help that i had my friend in the car when it happened

o well it will be fixed soon....

2. spooky30a

spooky30a

so its all fixed up ready to roll for summer......

looks like hell but thats the best me and my friend rick could do with a mig....

[​IMG]

3. spooky30a

spooky30a

and before anyone asks yes we stitched the brake closed before plating it. lol

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

Keyboard warrior here. this looks terrible. way too low. why is the grille so far ahead of the motor?

[​IMG]

5. spooky30a

spooky30a

thanks i like how you "think you know" what your talking about "terrible" blhahahahahah

i feel like every one is intuited to there own opinions and its all good dude...

but this is my car and i love it so......[​IMG]

lol

the grill is not to fare in front at all look closer at the pics..... my air tank is behind the grill in front of the motor!

6. Weird A

Weird A

I will say what needs to be said. THIS IS NOT LOL. THIS IS SERIOUS. KNOW YOUR LIMITATIONS. Your saftey and every one on the road is depending on your ability to make a safe vehicle. " This is the best me and my buddy can do" aint gonna cut it. Take it to a proffessional and let them redo it. Every one will be much safer.
    Go ahead and Flame me I DONT CARE. My Family and friends are out there on the roads. BE SAFE!

BILL

7. spooky30a

spooky30a

dude that is after years !!!! and lots off miles and a shit lode of pot holes....

there is no need to flame you, your 110% right and i have a famly a kid and lots of friends out on the roads as well.

fact #1 colorado roads are no joke there some of the worst.

fact #2 the sec this happened i pulled over and had a flat bed take this home.

fact #3 i know what I'm doing or this would not have lasted as long as it did.

i get your point and I'm with you but when it come to my fab skills I know what I'm doing.
    if i did not, that plate would have looked like a lot deferent my friend. making a frame is not ez, fixing a frame and doing it wright is not something that just anyone can do.

i am a professional and i know what I'm doing!

ask me about the car via pm or go threw the effort of looking at whats in front of you before you make the assumption that one dose not know what there doing.

now thats now me flaming on you or anyone its just my 2cents!

like i always say your intuited to your own opinions but in your case don't assume!

please! and thanks....

now enough with the bs

8. Weird A

Weird A

Not one thing assumed.Read and look at picture u posted "lol I fixed this bull shit before". Doesnt look very professional. I read every thing and looked at all pictures so I feel I know every thing that u provided us with.

Im confident that the first patch u did, if done on a customers car,Would be rejected by most customers. I suggest maybe a evening welding class, When u say Its the best me&my buddy can do with a mig.
    Its not B.S so if this offends you then dont post things that are not up to proffesional standards. Do they have new construction vehicle inspections in your state?
    I am the best tack welder in town. Butt I know my limitations so every weld is finished by a professional.

Bill

9. Halfdozen

Halfdozen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If your frame was built properly in the first place, it would have survived all those miles and potholes without breaking.
    Your radius rod bracket looks to be about the thickness of 12 gauge steel. Not strong enough. The grade 5 bolt through the rod end isn't strong enough either.
    The welding on your gusset looks like it was done with a 110 mig. Sloppy weld with no penetration, then ground off. Not strong enough.
    When you discovered this break in the frame, did you thoroughly check all the other joints in the frame for breakage, or did you just "fix"what you could easily see? A thorough check would involve grinding the paint off.

Sorry, dood, you are obviously NOT a pro chassis builder. You might fool a few folks on this board, but you won't fool the real builders. The purpose here is not to merely "flame" you, it's to save your life. If this sort of catastrophic failure is the result of "lots of miles and a shit load of pot holes" this car is a real danger to you and everyone near you on the road. If you want to show it, trailer it. If you want to drive it, take it to someone who knows how to build a chassis properly (El Polacko comes to mind...) before you kill yourself and the family in the oncoming lane. Yes it could happen to you.

10. Weird A

Weird A

Time to put this crap to an end! First you write "Please keep the negative bs to yourself keyboard warriors. honestly" You where ready for some kind of negative bs, cuz of the poor welding?
    Then you must be practicing for a goverment job. "Dude that is after years!!! and lots of miles and shit load of pot holes" your reply to a local Colorado person " have not had it out and about alot" SO WHAT IS IT ?.

Minnesota Street rod Assoc. has{had} a saftey inspection for cars at shows, maybe Your state has some inspection like that.

So is there more of these high quality welded vehicles built by a professional running around Colorado? I hope not. Dont offend the Professionals. As Halfdozen stated clean ALL welds down to bare metal and Have a PRO WELDER FIX IT and then show us the results and we can compare b-4 and after. Otherwise Go somewhere else and brag about your PRO welding skills, Ratrodsrus,lookatmyshittywelds.com you get the Idea.

When I get home Im gonna sit and stare at my PRO Welded frame, Im sure there will be a major difference.

Oh ya Im not "DUDE"
    IM Bill

11. spooky30a

spooky30a

bill your a dick!

dude! end

and anyone ells that has something to say and call me a hake in any way shape or form stfu gtfo . if you know what that means you know ware this is going

now end

12. Halfdozen

Halfdozen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your broken frame isn't a minor inconvenience, it's a WAKE UP CALL. If it breaks in the same spot on the driver's side and digs into the asphalt, you'll be cartwheeling into the oncoming lane, Dude.

Lose the attitude, use your head and take this deathtrap off the road till it's fixed properly.

Over and out.

13. jt7282

jt7282
    from Midland Tx

dig the car, looks good

frame deal sucks, I like the new gusset though. the longer gusset gives a better angle to disperse load and will increase the Moment of the Z in the frame.

build it how you like it

14. deto

deto

it would be cooler with a cummins diesel in it...

15. metalshapes

metalshapes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.