Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest In Rememberence

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slick50, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Today marks the anniversary of the day we lost one of our most courageous HAMBers. It is the day that Chris Dunn posted the notice that Andy had departed.

Andy waged a hard fought battle, but in the end, his affliction took its toll.

I think of him often, and how he inspired me to be a better person. It's amazing that such a young man has had such an influence upon so many adults.

I don't care who you are, there's a lesson to be learned from his courage.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  2. Wesley

Wesley

I thought about Andy yesterday when I saw my Hambandy t-shirt in the drawer. I thought to myself I will wear it at the Round-up, I will wear it today as well.

3. striper

striper

I remember Chris' post bringing a tear to my eye.

RIP Andy

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

All those Hambandy posts were uplifting, so many new HAMB menbers need to read them if they are still on the back pages. RIP Andy.

5. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. it's amazing to think how that boy touched so many men (and women) here on the HAMB...it was an honor to have known him if only through this place...he was and still is an inspiration to so many of us. RIP Andy

7. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Every true H.A.M.Ber holds Andy's memory close. His strength and endurance to this day are a inspiration. On the day it happened my feelings were somewhat akin to those I felt when I lost a Mate in a helicopter crash some years ago in the Army.
    I guess even without meeting Andy I still built him up in my mind much more than I realised. I think of Andy from time to time and all I can say is I am proud to have been just a small part in making his dreams come true.

RIP Andy.

Doc.

8. RIP Andy..
    i have always kept this first drawing of his car , i love the pic and i think about the lil guy everytime i see it...

Attached Files:

9. butch27

butch27

What a loss to the Human Race. One neat guy.

10. Wesley

Wesley

some make think of Andy's short life as a loss, I prefer to think of him as a gift. Even with all that he was going through Andy was able to bring so many together with grace and dignity. Andy showed us all a better way to live.

11. Weasel

Weasel

I miss Hambandy and his tremendous courage and perseverance through the most impossible fight. Andy was an inspiration to all and brought out the best in everyone in Hambland. RIP my friend, gone but definitely not forgotten....

[​IMG]

12. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

an amazing kid.

does the car get driven now?

13. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

14. My regards to the family.

15. 3rd Gen Hot Rodder

3rd Gen Hot Rodder
    from Indiana

RIP Andy. Prayers for his family on this day.

16. rick finch

rick finch

17. Harms Way

Harms Way

This young man made more of an impact, on more people around the world than any given one of us ever could,... Collectively, the entire HAMB Family's heart broke at the passing of this very brave young soul. And I have no doubt that we are all better people for having even just a small part of him touch our lives.

He had been adopted by the entire HAMB Family as our favorite "Lil' Bro",..Countless prayers, well wishes, good thoughts, and to a very special group,.. blood. sweat , tears and personal sacrifice, were offered up for this very unique young man.... That we had grown to care about deeply.

I truly hope the memory and spirit of this very special young man never strays from the HAMB.

18. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

R.I. P Andy, I'll wear my Hamb Andy shirt to the Portland Roadster show tomorrow.

19. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What a perfect thought for a day like this.

And that's one of the cooler pictures I've seen posted here. Thanks.

20. llonning

llonning

Hardly a day goes by without me thinking of Andy. He touched so many people with his dream. I am very glad that he realized that dream before his time was up.

R.I.P Hambandy

21. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

R.I.P Hambandy
    Slim

22. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

God Bless You Andy!

23. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

One of my BEST experiences on the HAMB was to learn about him, he truely is an inspiration and the reason I am an Alliance member. I always think about you Andy.. RIP. HAMBANDY

24. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

The one Hamb member i will always remember.RIP Andy

25. snapper

snapper
    from PNW

Strange that I have been thinking of Andy this past week and drawn back to the HAMB and this Thread today.
    Hamb Andy , never forgotten.... Always with us all....

26. Andy was an inspiration to so many of us,,he consistently faced his illness with so much courage and stayed upbeat through all the tough times.

He had that infectious smile that would melt candy bars and bring a big smile to everyone that came in contact with him,,both in person and on line.

Andy certainly made a impact on me and as Ken said earlier,,made me try to be a better person,,RIP to a HAMB icon! HRP

27. I kept passing on all the bulletins to friends and families as it was all progressing and at one point there was a call for postcards for Andy. Figured his friends and family were trying to cheer him along and was amazed how many of my friends and family replied to my e-mail request with a single word. DONE ! He reached a lot more people than we'll ever know.

Godspeed and blessings Andy.

28. I remember meeting Andy at the A&W on Kenmount Rd. and later downtown by City Hall. My impression of him " he is an old soul in a kid's body" and he was a great guy that will not be forgotten. R.I.P.

29. Ramblur

Ramblur

I am a better person today thanks to Andy and the Hamb. I will carry these memories the rest of my days.