Register now to get rid of these ads!

brought my COUPE home today...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alteredpilot, Jul 2, 2005.

1. this is what i brought home from groucho's place today...very stoked...

Here you go....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

now i gotta figure what out of my pile goes on which car and what gets sold...
    i know its getting a 4" dropped superbell axle and disc brakes, but not sure if i'm going with fourbar or split or unsplit bones, and i'm most likely going to use a four bar with the A spring and a 57 chevy rear. but i do have a 9" and coilovers..

me thinks this car is gonna get the full fendered treatment, no hood, deuce grille, big n little WWWs on chrome 5 spokes, a sort of burnt orange satin paint with fine butter yellow scallops on the fenders and a candied and MAYBE micro flaked roof with vinyl insert, black and white tuck n roll, operational ruble seat...

havent decided on the chop yet....this car is going to be kind of like not getting tattoos if you know what i mean...

back to the garage.

2. Chewie

Chewie

Damn, that ride is solid. my .02 would be to leave the top alone, not many full fendered unchopped ones out there. Whatever you decide that is a great base to start with.

3. 34Fordtk

34Fordtk

That is super nice Coupe,you better be glad it was so far away from me!!!

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

WOW! What a nice start! That looks like all the projects guys started with back in the 1960's, super solid rust free California Hot Rod. Keep it full fendered since they all look like good ones.

5. Yeah, whata score. I saw chop it! :D

6. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's a damn good body!

7. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Man what a solid start. You are MILES ahead of a guy starting with a $2000 rusty body. I'm jealous!!

8. yeah, i'm mega stoked.
    if it wasn't so solid and COMPLETE i wouldnt had bought it.
    if i wanst such a stickler i could reasonably slap it back together and roll it, but i'm going to do it right and fix all the little stuff...
    what to do first....

9. Roothawg

Roothawg

Nice.......makes me want one now.

Now look what you've done......

10. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Did you get this from Hollister area? I thought i saw something like this on the back of a truck somewhere on my way to riding MX at Hollister Hills last winter off hwy25 ... just wondering because it's gone now. looks like you have a nice project, good luck with it and keep us updated on the build!
    best wishes,
    CAB

11. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

Very cool, sounds like a cool look, Its going to be a killer rod.

12. Bitchen!

I like it!

Sam.

13. Derek

Derek

Bitchin' was exactly what I was sayin' too man. Nice score dude. Keep me in mind for a grill shell if you decide not to use what you got, will need one for the Tudor eventually, LOL.

14. cab...got it in burbank area.
    rooty...anything to inspire a brother
    derek...you gets dibs...

itching to get going...