Register now to get rid of these ads!

West Coast Kustoms coming back to Paso

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by North Bay Shoebox, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Heard a rumor that the show may go back to Paso. The police chief is possibly getting fired over sexual harassment and she was one of the main people behind the show moving. Anybody else heard this , the businesses of Paso want it back.

2. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I read the story of the harassment, however, when the story was written, she was still working.

3. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Personally, IF I were in charge of West Coast Kustoms, which I am not, I'd want concessions up the arse from the folks that run that town...and I'd want all kinds of breaks from the businesses there in order to bring the "show" back...

However, IMHO, it'd also be really wrong to go back to a town that didn't want your kind and kicked you out...and I'd bet Santa Maria would also have some input as to keeping the show in their town...

R-

PS, I've been to Santa Maria twice since Paso went belly up...I like SM and the town...it's much more accessible than Paso ever was...

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  4. The damage is done.

I hope that Paso Robles is bleeding heavily from their pocketbook.
    They didn't want us, or our money.
    They probably now realize what they threw away.
    Haven't been to Santa Maria yet, but as long as they want us, and support us, I would tell Paso to kiss my ass.
    JMHO.

5. 53Hattie

53Hattie

Hmmm, even if it didn't revert back to Paso, the gathering might perhaps benefit from having two entities vying for the privilege of hosting! ...highest bidder so to speak.

6. I've been to both. Paso has good memories but even if we were to return there it wouldn't be the same. Maybe do Labor Day weekend in Paso and keep Memorial Day weekend in SM?

7. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

i doubt it

8. Hi!

Hi!
    from SoCal

The event turning its back on Santa Maria would make it no better than Paso turning thier back on the event.
    Keep it Santa Maria.

9. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me. Why would a show move back to a town that screwed it over and leave a town that welcomed it with open arms?
    I doubt if that would ever happen.

10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

11. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

It will never happen

12. chip chipman

chip chipman

Penny is out of the state right now. I sent the link to her daughter and son. Penny has not said anything to me about this and until she does it is all just hear say. I'm sure that Penny or Rit will have something to say on the matter, But at this time it is just a rummor and West Coast Kustoms is happy with the show in Santa Maria and the partnership with the City and all those involved Chip. WCK Sacramento Rep.

13. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I was in Paso this past labor day weekend and they had a 3 day car show that weekend. They had a cruise night on Friday and the main drag was closed off and all the classics were cruising up and down the drag. So maybe Paso is content with that.

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I haven't made it to either yet but I think the wistful dreaming on the part of some may be stronger than reality. Those may be the same ones who don't know or remember why the event was moved in the first place.

The "you didn't want us then and this town over here loves having us every year" speaks pretty loudly to a large percentage of us though as it's a lot more fun to go places where the local business folk look forward to having you show up.

15. chevyburb

chevyburb

I think you all are being a little harsh on the "business people" of Paso. I think it was mostly the doings of the City Management. We used to have a great Truck Show there every March, 3-400 trucks spend money all over town. Rumor has it the horsey crowd wanted to use the Fairgrounds for a show, so the kicked the truckers out. We were having dinner downtown & happened to have a conversation with the President of the Downtown Business Owners Assoc. She didn't know anything about it and was really pissed. The horsey crowd brought in their trailers, bar-b-ques, motorhomes and spent the entire weekend at the fairgrounds and didn't spend any money in town.
    Paso has become a horse/wine snob inviornment, their lose.

16. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

It will never be back there unfortunately. Insider information.

17. 53Hattie

53Hattie

A good point!

18. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Long time attendee at the Paso shows, I loved going there. A beautiful setting, and the business people were really screwed over by the Local Government decisions.
    Have been to several of the Santa Maria shows, and it is a really cool scene there.
    I don't see the Cruisin' Nationals ever returning to Paso Robles.
    See nothing wrong though, with having a different event happen in Paso...

19. choptop36

choptop36

i live in paso and i don't think it will ever be back, the people that run paso want it to be a wine sipping yuppy town, and the hot rod culture just doesn't fit into there plan.
    F*CK PASO

20. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

It will never happen! The city of Santa Maria will do what needs to be done to keep the show there. Penny has just won an award from the city and she will get what she wants from Santa Maria. Besides the fair grounds is tons bigger then any site we had there in Paso.

21. The West Coast Kustoms car show is in it's new home.
    Santa Maria......

Everyone from the Mayor, City Council, Fire Chief, Police Chief, Chamber of Commerce , just to name a few , Welcome us with open arms, along with everyone involved with the Show.
    They are willing to work with us with whatever needs we have.
    The city of Santa Maria is also honoring Penny this year with the Mayor's Award for bringing tourisim to the city.

We have alot of friends that still live in Paso and will cherrish many fond memories we had while we were there.
    That will never be forgotten !
    And for that i want to say Thank You Paso.

22. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

All BS asside ............... How is it more accessible ?

Its 3 miles from town, Your locked in the Fairgrounds, You have to PAY to walk in, You cant just walk to town and have Good Food.

Paso was wayy more accessable & a much better setting.

But I do understand the whole B/S side .... Really I do ...

I have been to both and Paso was the Perfect Place & I wont go back to S/M .... Have Fun Guys !!

23. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

That's too bad about the people that "Run Paso", because I always felt that the business owners really loved the West Coast Kustoms crowd that came to town to spend their money.

24. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

And, not just the business owners, I think the entire populace of Paso came out, and sat on the curbs, or propped up lawn chairs on the sidewalks. Cruising on Spring St. every house along there had people crowded on the porches partying. It was one of the biggest, and most loved events of the year by the people that live there. Politics, and Government, who were they representing?.. 1%

25. aztecgold

aztecgold

Thanks for keeping the show in Santa Maria. Its the one event I look forward to every year. The whole town digs it!

Once upon a time there was a great cruise scene here, and now it only happens once a year during the show.

Paso blew it.

26. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I heard a rumor that the GNRS was going back to Oakland. think I'll start a post.

27. Retrorod

Retrorod

I enjoyed the "small town" atmosphere in Paso, with the park setting in the middle of town and all the businesses around that area. That is gone now and that's about it.

Santa Maria wants us there. I'm ok with that (besides, my sister lives there...no more hotel room required! )

28. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

I don't think WCK could have picked a better place to move to.
    Santa Maria is a very cool scene, and setting.

29. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Paso tripled prices for everything, so no more cash for you!!!! EVER!!!!

B

30. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

AND....I heard a rumor that with all of the houses in Fremont foreclosing that Baylands Dragstrip is re-opening.