Register now to get rid of these ads!

looking for pictures of hydraulic clutch t5 to flathead

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by truckedup 28, Mar 15, 2012.

1. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

i did search but didnt find pictures looking for someones setup of there t5 hydraulic clutch thanks

2. bobscogin

bobscogin

I don't have pictures but I'm working on that same set up right now. What is the car? Mine's a '29 A.

Bob

3. brady1929

brady1929

do a search for chassis engineering. i think i have a post showing a couple of installations.

4. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

Attached Files:

5. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

my car is a 31 model a and i have a swing pedal set up with dual cylinder the trans and motor is from 51 ford truck

6. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

here's my coupe

Attached Files:

7. look at the post a few back on the Shepard's pie '34 pickup build. There are a few there.

8. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Built and sold 100s of T5 Flathead slave cylinder assemblies. Bolt on to the side of the trans and hook to the clutch arm.

9. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

thanks for leting me know you build and sold them but tht really didnt help. we have an idea on how to do it just looking for other ways of doing it with pictures...jones

10. flathead4d

flathead4d

So could we see what you sell or do you have a web site we can go to? Pictures would be nice.

11. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

Thanks to the help of krylon32 at cornhusker rod and custom, we were able to fix the problem with a 62 C10 Slave and a better bracket design. This works great and I was able to finally test drive the car after 9 months of building on her. I still have some brake issues to deal with, but at least this problem is off the punch list!!! As always... the HAMB comes through.
    Thanks all for the input. Jeff ....my cousin found the post
    <!-- / message --><!-- attachments --><FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Thumbnails</LEGEND>[​IMG] [​IMG]
    </FIELDSET>

12. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

the post i copied from onther thread my cousin sent me

13. 29sportcoupe

29sportcoupe
    from arizona

I just did this, I put the slave on the passenger side, just flip the throw out fork shaft around backwards, I had to use an older style shaft to make it fit. Works perfect.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

14. bobscogin

bobscogin

I'm going to have to mount the slave on the passenger side of the flathead/T5 combination in my '29 Model A rpu. With the Pete & Jake's style pedal set up, there's just not enough room between the pedals and the trans. What slave cylinder did you use, and what is the hole center to hole center length on the arm the slave hooks to? Thanks.

15. Frenchy32

Frenchy32
    from arizona

Here is a picture of my hydraulic clutch slave cylinder on my 3 speed Zephyr trans.

Thanks
    Frenchy

Attached Files:

• 32 8.jpg
      32 8.jpg
      File size:
      71.2 KB
      Views:
  16. jack orchard

jack orchard

krylon32: i,too, would like to see what you make and sell...thanks, jack

17. 29sportcoupe

29sportcoupe
    from arizona

I used a brake pedal from a model a, cut it down and drilled a couple of holes in it. Not sure of exact length because I am moving and no tape. The brake pedal fits the flathead throw out shaft, I used a brass bushing and it fits nice and snug. I had to get an early style shaft so that it can be put in backwards. You could use an original shaft but the starter can is in the way.

I need to pull the trans and replace my throw out bearning, found out my arm hits the Dwight bond adapter plate, it wont go back enough to fully release the clutch so my bearing keeps spinning. I will notch it a bit more when the trans is out. Had I clocked the arm correctly is would not be a problem. My pedal is fairly stiff, I think a longer arm might help but my floor is too close. If you make the arm too long the slave may not move it enough to disengage, not sure though. I think I have an 85 toyota pick up slave. Its pretty slick, opened up the drivers side under the floor so I could mount frame mounted pedals. I had to make my own and then mounted the masters 19 inches back from the pedals. Made some rods to actuate the masters. It all went together nice.

man that 5 speed is nice behind my flattie.

[​IMG][​IMG]

18. bobscogin

bobscogin

Thanks for the info. I thought that may be a Toyota slave cylinder from some prior research I'd done. They're 13/16" bore which should work with my 3/4" Wilwood master cylinder. Not sure how much travel it has, but I found one on ebay for under $8 and that's cheap enough to experiment with.

Bob

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  19. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

we got all of are stuff made well see how it works and let you all know...jones