Register now to get rid of these ads!

Almost time for color...but which one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ehrawn, Jan 21, 2012.

1. 30over200

30over200

Vote #2 for pontiac limefire

2. jick

jick
    from london

i'm a big fan of those kind of greens, although I dont think the VW one is Almond green, i dont think they used that name, they did an Almond beige.
    it looks very much like either lizard or diamond green to me, lovely colours that seem to be either gold or green depending on the light.

3. slammed

slammed

#3 fer da Poncho hue!

4. Dirk35

Dirk35

That Almond Green on the VW posted is sweet!!!!! Wonder what it would look like ona 34 Ford Sedan?

5. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

I really like the light 72 chevelle metallic green,Its the real light green

6. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

I'm lovin' that '57 Chevy with the cream roof, not white.

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Limefire Green is about as traditional as you can get for a late 50's early 60's era custom.

I'm not sure what shade of green Paul Harper's Cad is but it is one great shade of green.
    [​IMG]

I like the VW green you showed and VW colors are usually timeless.

8. ehrawn

ehrawn
    from Oahu

Agree. A lot of "traditional" customs are really bright colors, but a '7 needs to be subdued to let the body lines stand out. I want to go more olive than forest or ivy.

Gulf Green (attached). Looks pretty darn good, but the pics I found on the internet look a little light. I'd have to see it in person.

Definitely. If I do the '57 laurel, then colonial cream is a must. My hesitation is that I'm going to cut the roof differently than the two-tone 57's and I don't want it to look like I tried to do a restoration and messed it up.

Same goes for the Pontiac Limefire. It will probably pair better with Seacrest Green than white. I'm not sure I'm cool enough to pull off such a bold color, though.

I dig the Cadillac's color but its a little more kiwi than I'd like to go.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  9. spiders web

spiders web

Is it a two color car? If so that green would really pop with the other color being a tan or buckskin. Good luck and send pics when its squirted.

10. green is bad luck. Its a shame because it is a nice looking color.

11. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I'm with you. The '57 Chevy is perfect the way it is. Good choice on color and interior pattern.

12. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Just painted my roadster DP 40 color ( grey /green) converted to PPG Concept single stage. Check out my post for pics Not sure how to post them here Everyone loves the color Just a thought

13. terry48435

terry48435

It's your car. Do it whatever color you want. You guys kill me. If you don't like my car, don't look at it.

14. rustbox66

rustbox66
    from Illinois

Pontiac or Desoto, The rest of them are too soft for a 57.

15. ehrawn

ehrawn
    from Oahu

That color looks great on your roadster, but I think it fits earlier cars a little better than my 57.

The more I look at it, you're probably right. Better to go a little bold. I'm supposed to get some more samples from the painter today.

16. Had the problem when color came into play for my 28 roadster. I was in the booth and didn't know what to do. So...... when in dought, i painted it black. Went with vanilla on my 50 ford after a long talk with myself but could go with other colors and leave the firewall.

Attached Files:

17. slimwhitman

slimwhitman

Just curious where you landed on this? I am loving these greens.

18. Deuces

Deuces

How about "Star-Spangled Blue Metallic"???? With about 10 coats of clear???...:cool:
    Look it up!..;)

19. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

That or the AMC green. I really like that AMC color, going by the photos, its a little less olive than the VW color.

20. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A buddy of mine had a '57 back in high school. In '74 we painted it a lincoln golden brown color. I think it might have been a '69 or '70 color. His cousin did a dark brown interior in roll and pleat pleather. It always looked very good to me.

21. Onemansjunk

Onemansjunk
    from Modesto,CA

Bright Yellow-Lemon Yellow

22. are you looking for any type of designs? cause i was looking trough some old watson photos and found a Chevy like that with scallops, it looked sick! and the best part, other than the scallops, the car only had one or two mods. i was thinking that green, with emerald flaked scallops. Just my opinion, though.

23. Might be too intense, but in the 70's I had a 57 painted caddy firemist green, (kind of an emerarld green) with a black top. Can't find a pic. I know I had one from when I ran it into a power pole. I'll keep looking.

24. I"ll have to upload a shot of the 57 mild kustom modle im working on right now. some shaved trim and its dark green and white

25. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

The last post by 'ehrawn' was 3-17-12...I'd bet it's painted by now...

R-

26. there's a great photoshop thread on here right now, some of these guys have some real talent, just just send them a pic, tell them the colors, then let them mess around with it for a while. im having rikster shopping my truck right now.

27. sir

sir

"VALSPAR"...pine forest green metalic

Attached Files:

28. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Iam doing a car now & the paint will feed off everything else....interior-wheels- the lines of the car. (the ole lady)
    B.B.

29. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

It amazes me that very few people read the whole thread before posting.

R-