Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mike Pickle Lowrider Art?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Centurion9, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Several years ago, I ran across a series of Lowrider Posters by a guy named Mike Pickle or Pickel....I haven't heard of him in a long, long time. His work was great...Does this ring a bell with anyone??? Thanks...C9

2. Your talking about Mike Pickel! His lowrider and classic car airbrush art was quite the bomb 25 years ago.

He's still around doing airbrush work, custom paint jobs and building customs. If ya go to http://pinheadlounge.com, you can see some of his stuff and a recent pic of him.

He's one of my all time favs.

Joel

3. MyBootsOnFire

MyBootsOnFire

Haha, good ol' Mike Pickel. He's still around. I haven't seen him in probly a year or so but last i talked to him he was still making art and rollin around in a bitchin 53 Caddi. If you ever have a chance to meet him he's a great guy and will tell you a million rad stories.

4. Thanks guys........Mike is the one! His art was outstanding, but his popularity was probably limited to the West Coast.....Not many Lowrider Clubs East of Sterling/Rock Falls Illinois 25 years ago....:) C9

5. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

any sources on prints of his art?
    I dug my old posters out, one was severely water damaged, but luckily a couple of the others are ok....
    I was going to just hang them in the shop, but it looks now like I should frame/protect them first...

6. 33Tudor

33Tudor

I used to buy his posters in the 80's when I visited my cousins in Ca. I pinned them to my walls and threw them out after they got torn up. They were great ,though. I too, wish I could find some today!

7. J CRUZ

J CRUZ

Anyone have any pics of those posters?

8. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

9. customcory

customcory

I got a few posters, but they are getting fragile! Heres a photo of my favorite one I got off the net.....

mike.jpg

10. ...I've got one of a 38 Chevy sedan delivery lowrider, one of my favorite posters,..I'll get a pic.

11. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

here are my 4, my green one sustained the most damage, but I was able to add a bit of green paper behind the hole and frame it, and it came out ok....just saw a mint version of that one on the 'bay for $600!!:eek:

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      439.3 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      492 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      486.6 KB
      Views:
    • 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      487.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  12. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

13. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

14. MistGreen50

MistGreen50
    from Belen,NM

they have reprints out now available through Mike Ramos.I will try and get some info where you can buy them.When I 1st moved to Albuquerque in the 90s,Brian Everette had a tattoo/art shop a couple miles west of his well known tattoo shop on Central.I walked in there to visit Slick (beatnic/good friend to Rudy Rodriguez) and the actual paintings were hanging on the wall.Brian Everette told me that he would give me a hell of a deal on them but at the time I was dealing with some legal problems and had to pass.

15. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I have 4 or 5 of this prints, some still in plastic protection. love his lowrider art but I used to save his art from the magazines..

16. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

new one

Attached Files:

17. sumner41

sumner41

i have the same problem. Let me know how you make out. I would like to purchase some myself.