Register now to get rid of these ads!

New addition to the family

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ThompsonSpeed, Mar 14, 2012.

1. ThompsonSpeed

ThompsonSpeed

My wife and I were blessed with a baby boy monday. I dont know if he will be a car guy like me, but lets hope.

Anyway, on to my question. Does anyone happen to know a good place to get hot rod stuff for babies or young children? Like maybe wooden hot rod toys, or cool hot rod onezies or shirts or whatever?

Thank you in advance! Cigars all around!:D

2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Congratulations to you your Wife. You sound like me 41 years ago. My twin Sons couldn't even sit up yet and I was at KMart buying them two electric powered firetrucks and a couple of footballs.:D I couldn't wait for them to grow up a little so we could do things together.

Enjoy every day, they grow up so fast you will wonder where the years went.

Don

3. ThompsonSpeed

ThompsonSpeed

Thank you! We are really excited to bring him home soon.

4. tlmartin84

tlmartin84
    from WV

Congrats man, my boy will be here the end of the month! Absolutely can't freaking wait!

5. Willy301

Willy301

Congrats Chad, are you glad it wasn't twins this time?:eek:;):D

How long until he gets to drive? He will want to drive the green machine for sure!

6. clockwork31

clockwork31

hey, try http://www.genuinehotrod.com/ under apparel and accessories, there is a kids section. check also home decor section, there is some cool stuff there too. Congrats for the baby!

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Congrats!!!! Greatest thing I've ever done was become a father!!!!!!

If you want to support a guy who's about as nice as they come and is also talented as hell then support Sando (Sandy Wachs from the Burbank Choppers). He's got a ton of really cool line of kids stuff on his site Swivel Industries....

http://www.swivelindustries.com/kids.htm

Scootermcrad bought this one for my son Memphis and here he was wearing it at his first car event!
    [​IMG]

8. Oh congrats!!!!!!! I just love these threads.

9. ThompsonSpeed

ThompsonSpeed

Def glad it wasnt twins this time around Willy! But they are a huge help with the little guy!

Thanks everyone for their help!

10. lincolnhead

lincolnhead
    from Marysville

Congrads! my son is almost 2 months old:D and my daughter who is almost 4 :eek: is already in the garage handing me tools!

11. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Congratulations. You never know what will spark they're interests. My youngest grandchild, a girl, just turned two the other day, and everyone was giving her dolls and such. My wife and I got her some books and three Hot Wheel Hot Rod series cars. When she opened them she said excitedly "CARRRS" and handed them to her daddy to open up immediately. That's what she played with while the dolls laid there on the floor.

12. bryan6902

bryan6902

Thats great! My guy is going to be 2 in May and loves cars. We brought him to all the shows and cruise nights we can. Plus he loves to help me out in the garage and "fix" his own toy cars.. They learn a ton just by watching you. If you don't have it buy the movies 'Cars' and 'Cars 2'. Give it a year or so and that will be all he wants to watch.

Enjoy the time you have right now, it blows by super fast!!

13. 210Grinding

210Grinding

congratulations!!!!!!

14. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

15. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Congratulations, this is the best adventure you'll ever embark on!
    When my twin girls were young, very young, I learned to silkscreen and made them T-shirts, caps and screened a cartoon "Sidewalk Rod" on the little trash can in their room. Later did hotrod speed parts designs that weren't available at the time.
    (If you ever saw ARDUN, Thickstun, etc T-shirts at Texas rod runs or swap meets back in the 70s they were probably mine.)
    I always got them small shirts from rod runs to sleep in and my wife used rod run shirts for nightclothes for decades. When my son came along 10 years later he wore the shirts they had worn.