Register now to get rid of these ads!

Billetproof Florida 2012 - Returns to Garlits Museum of Drag Racing!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Oct 3, 2011.

1. boutlaw

boutlaw

Glad there's a caravan, I had the same issue as Don regarding directions.

"Locals, remote location,trailor park, and jacked up truck pulling contest" is an interesting combination of words to be used in the same sentence.

2. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

BZNSRAT,
    I'm heading down Fri. morning from mid. Ga. but I won't be in the coupe, ran out of time and $. PM me if you want to hook up around Valdosta. Met you last year in Gainsville. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Don's place. Be safe!

3. The road that you come into the main gate of the Museum is the same road no where is on... It's the main North/South road you hit when go east off I-75 North/South at the Museum exit... Just head North on it for 4 or 5 miles, and it's on the left after the S bend in the road.

4. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

Gonna put a lil shine on my ole truck today and wash the windows too...getting ready and can't wait !

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Dan and I are DONE !!! :D:D Last night we wrapped up cleaning our cars, I got my brakes adjusted, tightened up all the nuts and bolts, and ordered a new distributor cap from Summit. Feels good to be ready a couple of days before we leave, certainly different from last year. This time last year we were putting the body back on Dan's rpu and hoping the transmission would shift ! :eek:

We are not moving our cars until we actually head out Friday morning, don't want anything to get in the way of our cars being healthy. Did I mention we are super excited ???????? :D

Don

6. Can't wait! We are rolling with the Road Kings! The NoWhere bar is a required part of the experience, wouldn't miss it.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  7. Choptop

Choptop

8. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I can't wait to see the pics from this one. So please cover it good guys.

9. Skirv

Skirv

I'm on it Joe. I'll take plenty of photos.

10. saltflatmatt

saltflatmatt
    Alliance Vendor

I'm loading the trailer now and leaving MN at 5am, Thursday! Im looking forward to vending the show and spending time off in sunny Florida!

11. msuguydon

msuguydon

The weather report is for sun and mid 80's. We are in for a great weekend weather wise

12. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Hehe, it was nice to see my old 23 in that video again. Can't believe that was 2008 already.

Really good video, thanks for posting it.

Don

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  13. tjm73

tjm73

I've "borrowed" every picture of your old T I have come across. Perfect execution. :cool:

14. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Thank you, Sir. :)

Don

15. Mike W.

Mike W.

Well as I have to tour the show in my scooter (limited walking) this time I'll have to go as a spectator but still plan on being there.

16. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Thanks Bill, I really appreciate it.

17. BZNSRAT

BZNSRAT

What time at the NoWhere Bar??

Looks like Friday nite will be it for me. Gotta head back to Ga for my daughter's tennis finals Saturday morning.

Still pumped about NoWhere and hotel parking-lot hijinx :)

C-yall Friday!!!

18. 59 brook

59 brook

19. Loppy

Loppy

Lets see those trophy's! Post'm up!

20. Best Wagon - MPC Zingers meets Remmington Bronze... and Studebaker is traditional right?

The next pic is the Best of Show (Kinda like "The World is Yours" fountain for Scarface), Real Mill (crazy amoint of time and skill), Body Basher (It's needed finishing in this pic)

De Tiki's Best Truck trophy, hand carved and painted white pine.

Waiting for the show to unveil Jive Bomber... Gonna take a special person to want that one.:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  21. SIC98

SIC98

Sweet, especially love the Best Of Show award, it's got that whole 60's World's Fair vibe going on, nice!....Brian....Now a Newbie, so long FNG!

22. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

This is a better shot of the real mill trophy..i'll take a pic of body basher and post it too...Rooster[​IMG]

23. ev88f

ev88f

Hey what's the story on the drive in? Are they planning on anything for saturday night still?

24. SIC98

SIC98

Theres another post on that, the owner blew them off and is showing "The Lorax", maybe he'll figure out what a HUGE mistake he made and show a cool one next year...Brian

25. ev88f

ev88f

Damn that's too bad. Maybe next year...

26. Skirv

Skirv

Participant Info - I will have tools, a jack, stands, wire, tape, oils and fluids, tire plugs, a very small compresser, and misc other doodads with me so if anybody needs to make a repair and needs something, look me or my son up at the Sleep Inn. We should be near my black 32 coupe or dark green 51 Mercury (photos in profil album). Don't be shy if you need some help. No trailer though...don't own one.

27. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Those trophies are VERY cool, the kind any rodder would be proud to display. Great job, guys. :)

We will also have some tools and a floor jack with us to suppliment what Bill has offered. If anyone needs the use of them just let us know.

Only about 20 hours till we leave, can't get here fast enough. I feel like a kid on Christmas eve. :D

I just got off the phone with the lady at the Sheriff's office, the Officer will be there at 2 am Saturday morning until 6. So our cars and stuff should be pretty safe and we can sleep good that night.

Don

Here is our trophy for Best Competition Car. I posted it on the other thread, but here it is again. The pinstripers can do their thing and letter it nice and purdy.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  28. ANewBeat

ANewBeat
    from Floriduh

What time do gates open on Saturday?

29. jack orchard

jack orchard

I'm local, so of course i'll be there. Hope to meet many of you. Please drive safely and have a great time....jack