Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chickasha Pre-War Swap Meet 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nutbush, Feb 14, 2012.

1. nutbush

nutbush
    from Texas

March 15 & 16, 2012 Thursday and Friday.

I have been to the one in the Fall but not the Pre War one. I know its probably not like it used to be, do you guys that have attended think its worthwhile?

About 4.5 hours there for me.

2. I drive from San Antonio,TX every year for that swap meet. My favorite swap of the year.

3. I went last year looking for parts for my '42 Chevrolet and it was way too new! I'm talking Prewar stuff here folks, brass era! Good times, looked at a lot of cool stuff.

4. chaddilac

chaddilac

Don't go on Saturday... make sure you go on thurs. or fri.!!!

Those old guys are outta there at noon on friday!!

The last couple of years it has went down hill, unfortunately I think the older guys are passing away on us. :(

5. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

Still lots of great stuff there and a lot of great parts you won't find anywhere else. Model T and A heaven. Weds and Thursday are the days to be there.

6. kingofthestreet

kingofthestreet

It's only open Thursday & Friday and it's the place to go for early Ford parts......I've found something to purchase every time. I'm thinking about bringing some left over Model A items and 3 28/29 coupe bodies to the swap meet

7. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Definitely one I go to every year, but go early.

8. 37S2de

37S2de
    from Louisiana

Last year I read the dates wrong and figured it for a Friday-Saturday meet and showed up about 1:00PM Friday. Most everybody was packed and gone. I just got back in the truck and drove the 8 1/2 hours home. Won't make that mistake again this year!

9. 37S2de

37S2de
    from Louisiana

HA! Just looked at my ID. I haven't been an FNG since November 1970 when I reported to the 1/11th Infantry Battalion in Quang Tri. You had to keep the FNG award until the next Officer reported in. The next one was a Chaplain so the Battalion Commander made me call it the "Friendly New Guy" when I passed it on.

10. I'll be there with model t coupes .... There is a all years swapmeet Friday and Saturday in norman ok less than an hour away ... I haven't ever been to either but for u hot Rodders it may be worth an hour to go find a good deal on speedparts ... I will stop by bonanza on my way home Friday

11. Also just found an ad on craigslist for a model a and t auction on Saturday in peidmont Wich is Oklahoma city ... U can se a list of what Looks like an estate of a/t stuff .... Not my ad but if ur interested look at Tulsa craiglist and type in 1926 in the search

12. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

I'll be there with a 28 AR phaeton for sale.

13. nutbush

nutbush
    from Texas

Just an update. Just got back from Chickasha. My estimate was 70% Model T stuff. 20% model A stuff and 10% all other. This was my first time for the Pre-War meet, and I wont be going again, unless I buy an A.

14. That was my first time and my stuff just blended in with all the t's !!!
    I didn't really see a whole lot selling unless it was dirt cheap I prolly won't go back

15. FourBangNCanuck

FourBangNCanuck
    from ON, Canada

attended yesterday also. She was a stocker T show with not much V8 stuff, a 32 bone, couple 81/97s, and half decent 34 shell, and a dash with some rough wings gauges were the only things that stood out in my eyes. nothing really priced to move.

16. Went yesterday. Had a great time! Im 4 hours away.

17. There is supposed to be an auction there on the 17th according to the one ad I saw earlier last week. All T & A parts along with a couple of complete cars. I was thinking about going to see if I could find a pair of better looking doors for my '27 coupe.

18. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

I would venture to say that most of the old duffers that go ,go to buy or sell items other than those related to Model A & T Fords.A lot go to maintain or develop relationships for the brass car arena of interest.