Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Spring hill kanasas anyone?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bryceaugustine, Oct 22, 2011.

1. so the second part of my mission is to see if i can figure out who my uncle sold his 1940 chevy coupe to. He sold this car in the late 70's or early 80's (i know this is not going to be easy). He sold it to someone in spring hill ks. The coupe was done up gasser style. at the time he sold it the paint was either bright yellow or dark with the words mind blown on the side. the dash was made out of one solid piece of wood. (walnut i believe). i duno if i will ever find it but if i can and just take him on a road trip to see it then it would be worth it. i know he regrets selling it...but i figure with the technology we have it is worth it to try.

if you have any ideas, thoughts, wisdom, advice etc. please let me know.

2. aircap

aircap

Pix would help...

3. if i can find any pics i will get them up. at this time i do not have any and i dont know if he does either. i am trying to do this on the sly.

4. just one other thought on the coupe. it has a full tilt front end.

5. so i just thought if i do this it moves up the line and maybe to fresh set of eyes. thanks for the help.

6. ryno

ryno

maybe pm povertyflats or travisinkansas here on the board

7. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

does not sound familiar to me

8. ryno

ryno

never mind, your screwed!
    just joking , good luck

9. SchlottyD

SchlottyD

You might try finding someone familiar with KCIR in Kansas City, maybe it was raced there at some point after it changed hands.

10. thanks i will check them out!!! i appreciate the lead.

11. ok i now have pics. keep in mind this was the car in the mid 70's when my uncle sold it in the late 70's it was bright yellow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. flathead okie

flathead okie

Sorry can't help ya, but nice lookin 40. What did it run?

13. BigMikeC

BigMikeC

I can't believe I've never seen that car. I used to cruise Olathe quite a lot back in the mid 70's. Very cool car!