Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sins Of Steel Saturday June 2nd 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loveoftiki, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Wow , ear sweat? Glad to hear ( with sweaty ears! ) you can come out for the day.. I think the figure 8 cars are gonna go later in the day. No need to fire up the car and head out at 4 or 5 this year. Hang out and watch some lunatics run the figure 8 cars into the evening.

2. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Been working on Jen's Shoebox. Will be driveable (sans exhaust) by weekes end. I do have a wagon.....300hp+. Burnout contest? Can a non-trad car do that? One dude killed his 80's Cutlass a few yrs back. 3TONFUN may make a burnout appearance.....and WIN! Haha!

3. Ummm would lke to see the Shoe roll through the gates. Thats how you roll Pete !!

4. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Jenny's drivin her Shoebox! Just saying'.....if my wagon happens to show up....with everything set on kill.....I have a really good tire hookup....he'll be there too!

5. Hey if your into Facebook for Sins of Steel. We have started doing updates and you can feel free to add commments or suggestion there.

6. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Fired the Shoebox (Jenny at the wheel) for the 1st time tonight! We'll be there!

7. Great News.... any photographic evidence of this machine?

8. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

[​IMG]
    Crappy pic. Once it's running well I'll post a video.

9. Just go mine back together. I still need to redo the wheels and but better tires, but it's good to go for now.

Can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I'll drag (drive:D) the '32 down for this one. After missing last year the old girl needs some expressway miles to clear out the cobwebs. This will be the 10th anniversary since it's last wash job so maybe it will rain while I'm out with it before the show. Want it looking her best for this one.:rolleyes:

Frank

11. Frank please bring it down , but leave the rain in Bay City along with the Rollers!!! I don't think those guys fit in with the show! See ya there

12. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Took the Shoebox out for a shake-down run last night. We'll be there.

13. This was the target date to get my A done, but I was just informed that my son has a scouting thing the same day and he takes priority over the car. So it looks like I'm missing out this year.

Always a good show though!

14. I'll be dragging the old bluish '36 out and be slingin paint next to Ray!

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Will you throw some lines on my door if I haul it there??:cool:

16. Gator

Gator

Just put a new fuel tank and sender in the Caddy.... couple more minor things and I'll start with the longer road tests.

17. I've been to every show in Davisburg and it is always, always, always a highlight on the calender...please if at all possible, never leave that location...just the drive to and from the show is great with all those nice winding roads around the fairgrounds. Great people, great event, great location. See you there!

18. Always! Or I will bring my brushes to the friday party if you do not want to haul it!! I wil have the brushes there anyway.....

moose

19. Cool......can't wait to roll out.....

20. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I think I owe you a beer.....better be there!

21. Hey Pete that beer will be clear in color and had a song written about it many years ago!

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Got room here at the house for you, Mike and any of the boys that are going to roll north with ya.

Thats a GREAT idea!
    I can't wait to show you my yard art too.

23. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Bumpers on. Interior panels roughed in. Took it to the neighborhood stir 3x today. They dig it. Can't wait to show th finished car at Sins!

24. For those that have not seen a Flyer, done by Car N Art's Kev Carter and Marc "Stretch " Nishan. Hell they are even printed in Detroit ! 2.5 months to go !

Attached Files:

25. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Trunk floor almost done....
    [​IMG]
    See ya there!

26. Attention Everyone - This year 10 x 10 Vendor Spots are only 25 BUCKS !!!!!!! no more 100 dollar days. All you artists, kooky stuff sellers, if you are on this site you know what we would buy, send them to the SOON to be updated website. All you out of state folks come out!!! cheap day out, some killer cars, good bands, etc. etc. etc. it's not a car show man ,,,,, It's an event!!!

27. Looks like June's gonna be another good one in SE Michigan for car shows - er - events!

I'm going to try & bring my '56 this year if not overcome by other issues like work...)

28. New Womens shirt design on the Facebook page. Fellas bring your gal out for the day and buy her a shirt to remember the amazing day she just had!

29. Hey Folks the website has been updated finally. Remember only 25 bucks for a Vendor spot, know anyone seeling some cool stuff send them our way. Please NO crybaby doll vendors, poodle skirt sales, or elvis collectibles. Thank you, awwww Thank you very much !!!!

30. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

What's wrong with poodle skirts? I kinda think they'd be an interesting statement worn with fishnets instead of bobby socks. :D