Register now to get rid of these ads!

The way we usta do 'em.............

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Loafers Glory, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Loafers Glory

Loafers Glory

Some of you remember....still my favorite look for a 56 Victoria....you youngsters pay attention......Loafer

Attached Files:

2. jerseymike

jerseymike

over chopped, way out of proportion.

3. Very well done. Nice lines.

4. Yep.

5. cederholm

cederholm

Agreed.

6. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I love the 53 Hardtop in the background.
    Sadly the 56 has been squashed at the chop shop. Nice work but not proportional and certainly not like they did it in the old days.
    The excessive top chopping of non-race cars is a modern phenomenon most seen in the younger crowd due to oneupsmanship or actualy onedownsmanship.

7. Onedownsmanship, I love it!

8. Yeah, this old fart doesn't remember them being over chopped like that either. Poor Victoria

9. metalix_421

metalix_421

I agree, to much chop on this one. And I'm one of those youngsters you are refering to

10. That is a nice looking car, but I do agree on the chop. Ford had already chopped the Victoria (as compared to the post cars). It is hard to improve on the roof line of a 56 Victoria or a 55 Crown Victoria.

11. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Other than the chop, that is exactly what I used to dream about !!!!
    Nice...

12. I have to agree. The top is too low,by about 3 inches. But I still like everything else on it.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  13. Mercchev

Mercchev

Agreed

14. I dont know, I just dont know.... them thangs will do a 12 sec quarter if you just set them up right .... thats what I remember about the vickys.

15. At least we're all talking about it! I think its great, maybe it is a little too chopped for me but still looks cool.

16. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

I like the chop.

17. looks great! over chopped or not. looks better than whats coming of the ass. lines nowadays

18. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

I'm old and I like it ;)

19. 61falcon

61falcon

what he said minus the old part :D

20. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

Well, I'm old and have to agree that this one got a bit too much off the top. Actually, I would seriously doubt that this chop was done "back in the day". I would assume that it was a recent build by some of the folks doing a more radical depiction of "traditional".

21. I totally agree, it's not a "traditional" chop.
    It is way out of proportion. And..... I like it.

22. Now ,if ya'd just section that sumbitch abou 3"-4" ,that top would be juss about right...

23. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

X2.Looks wrong

24. Why does my double double end up on my shirt so damn much. Am I the only one with this complaint since 1948?

25. Loafers Glory

Loafers Glory

Y'all are just outa order.....that top really aint even chopped...most of it is in the trunk and it was done decades ago...I think it's beautiful. I'm 6.4 the owner is 6.6 and it's very comfortable,rides like a cloud. The Merc hardtop is mine,52 model with a mid sixties nailhead....gonna sell it to build my 50 Fleetline......Glad to see folks looking at old style stuff....I like old.....Loafer

26. Besty34

Besty34

I love the chop looks evil

27. I love chopped cars, I chopped as much as I could outa my 29 and still be able to sit in it and drive it. I think the 56 looks awesome, I consider overchopping to be when the car is not driveable, or legal, I don't think this car is either, though I would agree, that is not the way we ( we being the average hot rodder iin the 50s ) did it in the 50s and early 60s. Nosed & decked, maybe shave the door handles, that was about it in my area back then. Love the car whoever it belongs to.

28. Loafers Glory

Loafers Glory

Oldschool.....The reason I didn't do it like this in the late fifties is because I didn't have the money or know how.....I'll soon be 70....I go by this phrase...."growing old is mandatory,growing up is optional" I like being a teenager...uhhh, acting like one.......Loafer

29. No I am not that old, but in and out is

30. I like it okay, but would prefer it in black, unchopped.