Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects here we go, another chopped 54 chevy thread!!!

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by JohnnyP., Oct 19, 2011.

1. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

pushed the car outside to clean the shop up. up. took a clear side shot for you guys. i love the flow this thing is taking on. chopping a 41 ford sedan right now. so taking a break on this for a short time.

[​IMG]

2. Cruiser

Cruiser

Johnny,

The chop is looking excellent, it flows good and the loft to the rear window is good. Great job on the twice door! Now, take a look at those skirts they don't look right and they don't flow with the car. I think the skirts need some material add on both ends to make the flow with the bottom body line. Keep working on the 4/D it'll be a great ad for you. :D

your friend

CRUISER :cool:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  3. sololobo

sololobo

I am very impressed with this 54, it is headed in a great direction. I am a fan of four door cars and love the quadraport term used earlier. My buddy Doug in Schreveport cals them "no waitin", they just make awesome, dare to be different cruzers bro. Looks like the cute little blonde was giving her stamp of approval. Carry on man this is a knock out build, thanx for sharing. ~sololobo~

4. mace69

mace69
    from mass

Great job on the chop!

5. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

cruiser, im not going with out modifing them. im not sure if im going to remake them completely or modify those ones. we will see once i get to the skirts.

sololobo, thats my buddies girlfriend. she is starting to like this type of stuff. i stay away from the girls right now. when i get involved with them im not productive at at. happy new years boys:)

6. Hot Rod Chris

Hot Rod Chris

7. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

I'm really digging this one. It's one of the best lookin more doors I've seen in a long time. Love the chop!

8. Colinm

Colinm

Amazing welding and grinding job. Amazing. It shows you take the time it needs to have it done right

9. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

Very nice work, I hated coming to the end of this thred so soon, Im looking forward to seing it all buttoned up.

I cant belive there are so many "right" ways to chop a car. You do have some big stones to cut the hole back of the car off like that.

Great finish work too.

MrC.

10. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

I'll be back on it soon. Chopping a 41 sedan right now for a customer. Which is way more involved than I had expected, but it's turning out bitchen. I'll be back on this one soon. Problem is this chop doesn't pay my bills. Thanks for the compliments though.

11. Love the side profile of the car. I wish more people would chop four doors. Also I love your metal finishing skills.

12. Prowler101

Prowler101

CRAZY MAD SKILLS Man!!! I love it!! I wish I had half the tallent you got Bro! Well done!! P.S. Cruiser is right, those skirts suck. you should just ship them to me right now and get them out of your hair!! Cant wait to see more!!

13. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

im thinking about actually changing the whole wheel openings back there. if i do, ill make my own skirts. but right now im trying to finish the 41 chop. so not much progress on mine in a while. been doing a lot of staring for ideas on the qtr areas, not quite sure what im going to do there, might be changing my plans. also, looking for a set of beltline trim for an earlier 4 door chevy. mine are in great shape, but ive got a side trim idea and the stock beltline trim doesnt look right with it. they need to be round.

14. elvi411

elvi411

15. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Great looking chop! Love that no mater how many threads on 53-54 chevy chops there are, they are all done a little differently. Good work!

16. lowpunk

lowpunk
    from berwyn, il

Man, i really hate 4 doors with a burning passion but this looks GREAT!!!! Very nice work and very well thought out. Great great job man!!!!!!

17. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

18. ShortyLaVen

ShortyLaVen

Man, that thing is SWEET!!!!!! all the subtle details really make it flow perfectly. Can't wait to see more!!

19. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Any updates on this ?????

B:)B

20. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

21. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

i havent touched this is quite a while. sitting at a buddies house rusting away. been doing family stuff and trying to take care of bills as of right now. did get the quarters i wanted from a 51 buick, so i am still collecting parts and everything so when i get a chance to work on it again i have material.

22. koolkemp

koolkemp

Im really looking forward to you getting back to work on it!

23. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

Going to start working on this again. Picked up a 54 ford 4dr for my wife that I am using as my daily driver for now. Picking the Chevy up from my buddies house and taking to a shop I can work on it again. Will clean up what rust has gotten to it (its been stored outside w a destroyed tarp) and get back on it. Amped to work on the Chevy again. My new wife wouldn't let me sell it:)

Oh, and you can watch what is going on with both cars on Instagram. Kemptcustoms

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

24. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

Some pics from today. Got it loaded up and over to the new spot. Can't wait to start on it again. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1370229241.239625.jpg

25. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1370229472.605573.jpg
    And with the new qtr sitting on it.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1370229517.119829.jpg

26. koolkemp

koolkemp

Awesome! Im looking forward to seeing more progress!

27. StefanS

StefanS
    from Maryland

If someone wanted to get ahold of you to do a chop like this what would be the best way to reach you?

28. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

That's some awesome work you've done on her!

29. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

Thanks guys!

I am most likely going to sell this car chop unfinished. I have twins that will be here in January. 4 kids! Got no time for my own car. Pm me if interested. And yes, I am working at a buddies shop nights ad weekends. So you can work done by me. Pm or email [email protected]

30. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

Alright, so I'm selling my falcon wagon to pay for some bills and throw what ever is left back into this car. We moved into a house with a garage and I brought the chevy home. So far after it sitting outside for the past few years, this is what it looks like. So now I have to strip everything down and start fresh. So here we go!!!
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1422421031.284967.jpg
    Mocked up 52 buick qtrs
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1422421050.504658.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1422421080.488595.jpg
    Started stripping the roof and doors.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1422421099.246401.jpg

Rui and Surfcityrocker like this.