Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Amy's 1925 T Bucket Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Amy, Aug 17, 2011.

1. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

Amy, I bought my T as a driver and it didn't look anything like the picture. It was done in the '80-90's style which is ok if that's what you like. But that's not what my idea of a "T Bucket" is. Norm and Tommy built the first "T" and that's what I did to my car. And I heard all the time "I liked the way it was" or a number of other lines. But the bottom line is this: it's your car, build it the way you want it, with what you want it to have in it, but most of all build it safe - and finally have fun. Good luck.

Attached Files:

2. Kramer

Kramer

Any updates?

3. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Again, any updates????

4. Amy

Amy

Hey guys! Sorry it's been so long with any updates!! I have been crazy busy while trying to plan my build.

The good new is that I get a whole weekend to work on my T Bucket and hopefully get it rolling with the help from D_lazaris and his dad for my birthday!!
    The plan is to assemble the car with what I have (and I have just about everything!) so I can then find where I need to add support to make the original chassis work! I have decided that I don't want to get a different chassis for my car because I have had to much luck finding an old, real steel car with a pink slip and matching vin numbers! Plus I know a great welder that can make it a safe racer for less then me buying a new chassis off a model A.
    Then we are going to get the Y-Block cleaned and turn it over and see how that runs, hopefully we wont have any problems there. Also I decided on the Y-Block instead of a fore banger because ridding in D-lazaris's Model A made me realize that it doesn't give the performance I want to see in my Bucket, I know that there is speed parts for the engine and it will give me the power I want SOMEDAY, but I already have what I believe to be a great engine that right when I set in in my car it will give me what I want to hear the first time!

I finely decided on the look I am going for, Haha and boy did I have a hard time with that! Thank goodness for you guys with taking your T's to the car shows and showing me all the wonderful ideas that you all did on your builds!

So I have some money to spend for my birthday and I was hoping to find the last few things I'll need to get it rolling by my birthday! So thats where I need your help!!!

Does anyone have radius rods for sale? :p:D Thats really the last piece I need to get it rolling. I have a little birthday money that I can spend on it!

I got some Chevy wheels that I hopefully can make work with the ford bolt pattern. Do you think I should try to make the Chevy wheels work? Or look for some ford?

[​IMG]
    IMG_1219 by Dimitri Lazaris, on Flickr

5. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Good to see that you're back at work on your car. I like the Y-block idea, they're good little engines. As for using Chevy parts on your Ford I think it will slow the car down a bit.:rolleyes::D

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  6. sakelley22

sakelley22
    from Easley SC

great combo hot lady and a cool car

7. Pete

Pete

Amy,

Very cool!!!!

Id like to donate something for your project! Is there anything you need, that can be shipped easily??

Pete-

8. Amy

Amy

Oh my gosh Pete!! That is so kind of you :D I would love to have anything that you would like to see on my car, and I will use it proudley!!:D:D

9. Pete

Pete

Alright, let me dig through my stash and Ill let you know.

Pete-

10. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Chevy wheels are a different pattern. Just stay with Ford pattern, it's easier and cheaper.
    Good to see you're still on it!

11. Amy

Amy

Your amazing Pete!!!:D:D:D:D:D

12. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

I like the way your parts are layed out..in the picture,will be a great looking bucket.good luck with your adventure

13. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Happy Birthday. Just remember, growing older is mandatory, growing UP is optional. Enjoy your options.

Check with mctim64 on here, he's the Y-Block guy and can help you with any details you need on that engine.

14. stephane-rod

stephane-rod
    from france

15. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

16. Amy if they are indeed Chevy Wheels they will be 6 bolt pattern too, very hard to adapt..
    Cool looking project by the way, hope it goes well. I love a proper traditional T Bucket or at least the six that have ever been built to date...
    Chris.

17. Amy

Amy

I think you guys are all right and I should use ford wheels, so I shall!

18. D_Lazaris

D_Lazaris
    from So. Cal

When we dig into the engine I was going to give him a call. Hell of a y-block he built for that dragster. He sure smoked me on the line at Eagle!!

19. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Depending on what Ford wheels you want to run they can be cheap. Only paid $30.00 each for the 21" Model-A wheels on the front of our HA/GR. Keep at it, you are going to have a neat car.

20. painterjohn

painterjohn

Very cool Amy! Just "finished" up my 27 TT truck. Getting everything to fit in the T Frame was a bit of a challenge, had to shit can the under floor master cylinder and go with an under dash reversed swing M/C and pedal, works great now!
    [​IMG]
    Good luck with your project, let me know if I can help

21. Amy

Amy

Wow it looks great!!!!
    Now I know thats not a 4 banger lol, what kind of engine did you put in there and how is it sitting on your model T chassis that is so small?!

Love you color combo by the way!:)

22. Amy

Amy

Well I found some nice Ford wheels for my car! I really like them and they are not to bad on the price! Now I just need to sell me Chevy wheels, or trade! if anyone needs any let me now hehe! ^_~

23. HEY ! that's no way to speak to a lady ! :D

Project looks great so far Amy , keep at it . Rod

24. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

You are going to love the Y-Block. NOTHING sounds nastier than a Y-Block Ford with glasspacks. Plus,you can get a 3 speed + overdrive trans out of a late 80's F-150 really cheap that is easy to mount up to a Y-Block,and it gives you a long shift lever sticking straight up out of the top of the trans for the "old timey look" and allows you to run fun gears and still get gas mileage.

I paid $125 for the 3 speed + od trans I got to put behind the 312 in my 34 pu,and that was a couple of years ago when prices were higher. They may be harder to find now that scrap steel is so high,though.

Even if they Chevy wheels were easy to fit (they ain't) why would you bother with them when you can go to a scrap yard and buy Ford wheels that will bolt right up?

25. sdrodder

sdrodder
    from Houston TX

thats a great looking build so far. I cant wait to see more on this one.

26. painterjohn

painterjohn

Thanks Amy, Its a chevy 350.. should have used a 4 banger, would have been easier to fit stuff lol! Im sorry I didnt come across this post sooner, I gave away some radius rods that I got with the pile of junk that is now my car, ill keep my eyes open for you a set.

27. Amy

Amy

Ha awe but did you get the speed you were looking for with your engine!? Awe bummer!! Ha thanks for the thought though:D:D I would love if you could do that for me!!

28. Amy

Amy

:DOk guys!!! This weekend is going to be the best birthday weekend ever because I get to work on my car with the help of D_lazaris and his dad all weekend!!! We are starting with the engine. And throughout the weekend I will be keeping you all posted with picture and info!

Wish me luck!!:D

29. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Cool! Don't forget to have fun, that's what it's all about.

30. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

good luck,and a happy birthday.have fun