Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help lowering my 55 Lincoln...please!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BBobb, Mar 10, 2012.

1. BBobb

BBobb

Well it seems after collecting cans and selling all the blood i could here lately i finally roughed up the dough to purchase the front end parts for my 55 Lincoln Capri to make her safe for the road and Round-up ready next month.While i have her torn apart i figured i would go ahead and drop her a little. Awhile back i ran across a thread here that spelled out how to use some later model Ford spindles,but can't find it again to save my life. Any help and or advise will sure come in handy right now. Thanks for any help

2. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

3. BBobb

BBobb

Forum moves so fast. Any help on this one.

4. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

I found it but lost it again!!!!!!!! It says something about using Granada spindles to get 2 1/2" lower and disc brakes! HELP

5. 75SSShovel

75SSShovel
    from Idaho

hey man, I just lowered my 54.....I blocked the rear end with 2 inch blocks and shaved the bump stops...for the front, i cut a little more than a full coil out of the springs and it brought the front end down real nice. Good luck with your Capri!