Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest How is that even possible? Dynamat Donut.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Evel, Mar 4, 2012.

1. moefuzz

moefuzz

fyi, they are gay baby whales,

-not that there's anything wrong with that:rolleyes:

2. Matthew

Matthew
    from Burien, WA

Those damn snobby rocker billys (TM) are ruining it for everyone; let's get 'em!!! LOL

3. farmer12

farmer12

Crazy!!!!!............. I love it.

4. Hot rods are for "showin' off" one way or another. Ya gotta admit it got your attention!

5. Larjk9

Larjk9

85 year old - "Fuck yeah...did I ever tell you about that old coupe I had after the war? We weren't pussies back then."

6. Les Noyse

Les Noyse
    from SpeedKings

I was just told this morning about all y'all discussing the possibilities, reasons, ramifications and motives for my rooftop donuts.

I built the roadster to handle, like this shows it can. The stroked 302 turns out 440 HP and 410 ftlbs with a Tremec and a wicked Moser rear end. The wire wheels are still straight btw. This car drifts and autocrosses.
    Don't you know I'm the World Open Wheel Drift Champion?

Everything has an element of danger (getting up in the morning) and with the amount of time that I have spent practicing my donut techniques, I
    felt pretty confident that after being asked to burn a little rubber, that if a little is good, more is better. There were no people standing close as they were inside listening to a panel discussion.

I may be all the names some of you call me. But I do give a shit. I just very often do the type of things everyone wants to do and are afraid to do.

It has nothing to do with money. Being dirt poor for the first half of my life I assure you the one thing I definitly wore out was tires.

This was not staged, I was unaware that there was any one whipping out the cameras.

I DID have about a dozen of my living HOT ROD HEROS tell me it was cool as hell and every one else doesn't matter.
    I will never be as proper, careful and law abiding as many of you claim to be.

Life is too serious to be to serious.
    If you don't want to be noticed, ride the bus.

Don't hesitate to call me, email or whatever if you need to know more.

BTW I am at the Hot Rod and Restoration Show in Indy right now. if you come and see us you can see Ed Iskenderians 23 roadster. It has never been this far East and it is way cool.

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and then drive like a bastard on top of the Peterson Museum... with the music at top volume and at least a pint of tequila... Because no man can come down from such heights and what man would try?

Certainly not the world open wheel drift champion!

Jesus god gentlemen... we are amongst greatness!

Sorry, I couldn't let the opportunity to write something a little fun escape my grasp. You didn't hurt anyone - no harm, no foul - right? I don't really have an opinion... Well other than I can do doughnuts a lot better than you can!

:)

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

^^ King of the stupids.

oops. not you Ryan, the guy who posted above you.

9. slammed

slammed

Watch out for the safety queen's! Could you post some pix of the show you are at? Esp. the Isky Special.

10. Cali4niaCruiser

Cali4niaCruiser

Awesome! I would be too afraid to crash or get arrested. We need people like you! Two thumbs up for awesome donuts!

I once saw a guy try to whip a big donut in an under powered 80's buick Regal. He put so much pressure on the right front that it sheared the rim right off the hub with the lug nuts still on. Didn't even know he lost it, kept burning rubber out the parking lot and down the street. Then he finally hit the brakes and the car came sparking down onto the rotor. Funniest fucking thing I've ever seen in my life!!!

I'm also a proud member of the "done a burnout so freakin huge in the shop that the neighbors called the fire department" club.

11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Honestly, I bet I'm just as stupid... But I'm better at being stupid privately!

12. Cali4niaCruiser

Cali4niaCruiser

Hah! I missed this the first time through. Hah! LOL!

13. Les Noyse

Les Noyse
    from SpeedKings

It takes no training, education, skill or intelligence to be a critic, especially when you don't even witness the event.

BTW the W.O.W.D.C claim was an attempt at humour.
    Final answer

14. Zykotec

Zykotec

It may ,or may not, have been the right time or place for doing donuts, but if your not going to spin you rear tires from time to time, you may as well drive a Corolla with the traction control on...
    Traction control in my car is turned off by a key, followed by a 'wrooom'-sound :p

15. BISHOP

BISHOP

Only fat girls protest Hooters.

16. Larjk9

Larjk9

Some people live their lives worrying about things that might happen. I prefer to live by dealing with what actually does happen.
    All I saw happen on the video was a gnarley burnout.

17. Jealous of the ability to do big, smokey burnouts with wild abandon.

I do question the choices made regarding the hair of both the individuals in this photograph...:)

Attached Files:

18. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

How is it even possible that this thread still goes on?

19. Special Ed

Special Ed

As this is a traditional hotrod and custom forum, (in which history is supposedly revered), it might help a few of you badass' to pay attention to, and read about our history. Ryan nailed it with his age bracket post, somewhere back in the middle of this thread. Most of you haven't a clue as to what transpired with hotrods before you were born. You don't know, and you don't care about how and why Lion's Dragstrip was originally built. You've never heard of the riots on El Cajon Blvd. in San Diego in the summer of 1960 over dragracing. This stuff was going on all over the country.
    The fellows you refer to as pussies and queens and whatever else, are the the same guys who came before you, and fought to give you the opportunity to do a burnout. Nobody on here, not a single person, doesn't enjoy watching or performing a great burnout. A few of you act as if you invented 'em! How or why this turned into a name-calling exercise is beyond me. Learn some hotrod history first, then comment...

[​IMG]

20. Special Ed nailed it.
    It isn't cool, to be a dumb ass.
    With age comes wisdom.

21. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

Cool car is all i can say.....

22. When you're rich...people call you an eccentric. When you're poor...you're just crazy.

10 out of 10 for style points. Bonus points for flogging a high dollar car like it was a rental Camry. Deduct a few .10ths for questionable judgement. Throw out the low score from the Russian judge. Give it a 9.8.

Is it 100% right...no. Is it all wrong...no. Continue to deabate amongst yourselves. I'm going out to the garage and play with cars.

23. Quote from Special Ed: "Nobody on here, not a single person, doesn't enjoy watching or performing a great burnout."

I don't really understand your post or your stance on this but I can say the driver did NOT appear (to me) to have control over the vehicle ... that (in my mind) does NOT make for a "great" burnout. It is also not a stretch to wonder (I said "wonder", I am not accusing) if the driver was possibly impaired at the time. Almost stuffing an expensive rod into the wall (yeah yeah, a miss is as good as a mile right) doesn't exactly show control of vehicle or good judgment.

PS .... I just read about the San D riot. Still doesn't help me understand your point of view.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  24. slammed

slammed

Make your point, repeat again and again as though it will change anything.

25. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Special Ed..... I like the cut of yer Jib.

Spot on.

26. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

lol cool to see a nice car getting romped on. but damn get away from the wall bro, and fix your leaks ! :D

27. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

I thought doing donuts was cool? Especially if you didn't hit anything... [​IMG]

28. ntxcustoms

ntxcustoms
    from dfw

Don't have a real opinion of this "burnout" being right or wrong as I was not there. I do know however that Troy's race crew ran their operation one street over and right behind my shop. The had a really badass dyno over there that was constantly shaking the ground with raw power, could be heard for some distance away. Really enjoyed that noise on a daily basis. I no longer hear their constant tinkering of their motors cause the shop space is empty now...

29. Fenders

Fenders

As long as no one dies, and no sheet metal got bent, it's Ok.
    signed,
    Les Brainz

30. ntxcustoms

ntxcustoms
    from dfw

When Troy's incident happened in Tenn. the cops were there telling everyone to back up. The people there knew that burnouts were going to happen as it was a yearly thing that drew the people. That unfortunate event really shouldn't be compared to the Dyanmat guys actions.