Register now to get rid of these ads!

New member,30 RPU Build

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Concept 30, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Concept 30

Concept 30

Hey Guys,
    Kept finding myself at this site and decided to join. Building a 30 RPU Custom. Started with an original Henry full fendered 29 RPU that transformed into an all new metal Brookville 30 RPU with a TCI IFS chassis. 67 327 with a 700R4 and 9" narrowed Currie rear-end.
    Had the engine in the family ski-boat (Tahiti) since new (67). Decided to replace the chassis in the 29 which had a 302 and C4 tranny, crappy un-roadworthy suspension and swiss cheese frame with questionable (very) engineering and welds; all beneath a beautifully restored body.
    Sold the ski-boat to make room for the 29 in the garage but kept the sweet little 327 that runs like a gem. Kept looking at the 327 sitting in the corner and decided to replace the 302 with it. Geez,pretty soon while waiting for the chassis to arrive I'd designed a whole new concept around the engine using an 30 extended cab, 30" bed and custom fenders. Of course I'd already sold the old rolling chassis from the 29 before all this had gelled into a completely new rod. Genius at work here, arggh!
    So if you know anyone that's looking for a complete original very nicely restored 29 RPU body, nice black paint, bumper to bumper, upholstery, gauges, top; virtually every nut and bolt, I've got one for sale at $9,700.00 and am losing more than "half my "ass at that price, hey, it's very,very nice! Even includes a Flaming River tilt steering column and 3-spoke 14" steering wheel, 32 radiator-shell/grill. Tops in great condition. Herringbone gray upholstery (bench seat), panels. New Bitchen 4 1/2" recessed firewall needs installing and it does need a new subrail assembly (floor). New 29 LED taillights. Also needs bed-boards and strips. Also have extra 3" chopped SS windshield stanchions. Windwings.
    Currently the 30 is in the fabrication shop of a very talented builder. Recent (botched) knee and hip replacements have restricted my ability to build what I did a half century ago in high school (23 T-Bucket, Buick engine, Chevy trans and Olds rear-end).
    I'm an avid lifelong F1 fan that's never lost my admiration of classic hot rods and fine race cars.
    Glad to meet ya all! I'll list the 29 with photos soon in the H.A.M.B.classifieds.
    Steve

2. modelamotorhead

modelamotorhead

Howdy from Spokane, Welcome to the H.A.M.B. fellow A-bone hot rodder.

3. AGY mechanic

AGY mechanic

Welcome to the site.

4. Welcome from Just outside spokane Wa, lets see a couple pictures of progress so far.

5. E HANSEN13

E HANSEN13

Welcome from so cal... I agree with nailhead let's see some pic bro...

6. 60 ford

60 ford

Welcome from Indiana.

7. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome from Indy.

8. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Welcome from Minnesota !