Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Santa Rosa Custom Show this week end (a few pics)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blue collar guy, Mar 8, 2012.

1. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

I didn't see anything on here so for those that don't know this weekend (march 9th-the 11th) is the Sana Rosa Custom Auto Show. For info check out www.srautoshow.com The main reason I was throughing it out there is we were looking for outher things to do while we are there. Let me know if anything else is goinng on this weekend. Thanks Scott

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  2. I saw this thread title and I was thinking Santa Rosa ... New Mexico? .. Texas?... hell no, Santa Rosa, CA! ...... first I heard of it! .... something new??

3. Craig Owens

Craig Owens

A couple of local guys are bringing back the Santa Rosa Autorama. It was a long-running indoor car show that died out for some reason, with the last show held in 1996. This first show is by invitation only, but there are supposed to be some very nice cars there. With set up day today, and the show running tomorrow through Sunday, the roster is already set in concrete, so no more entries are being taken.

The show will be at the Sonoma County fairgrounds, and will take up two buildings: the main building, and the hall of flowers, with an additional outdoor car show area on Saturday. Info can be found at www.srautoshow.com Tickets are $15 at the door, but can be bought online for $11. The blood-sucking money grubbers from the local government will also get in your pants for a parking fee (probably 6 or 7 bucks), but it's part of the cost of doing business, I guess.

My understanding is, there is no judging and no trophies. Should be a nice car show. If you're within a reasonable radius of Santa Rosa, CA and are looking for something fun this weekend, check out this car show!

4. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

We are bringing two cars we built. The metal 36 ford and the 38 ford sedan that was on the cover of Rod and Custom last month. We hope it ends up being a good show.

5. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

The show looking good.

Attached Files:

6. V8RPU

V8RPU
    from Nor Cal

We set up our car today. It will be a fun show with an old time feel to it. The buildings and the fairgrounds as well as a lot of the cars make it seem like you are in an indoor setting as pictured in one of Andy Southard's books.

7. Looks like Castelli's Willys made it .... how many cars you expecting?

8. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

I think there is over a 100 . The venue is cool.

9. norm ricardo

norm ricardo

10. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

There is some sports car racing at Infineon all weekend. I'll be running Saturday and hopefully getting to the Autorama on Sunday (if I can convince my preggo wife that we aren't too far away from the hospital..) There is an endurance race on Sunday there too. Not really traditional car stuff, but cool enough.
    Norm, your car looks awesome as always!

11. Norm saw your car at Sacto a year ago ... me and the buds were trying to figure have many times you had to "mask-paint, mask-paint" that paint job ... the consensus was eleven. Alot of work went into that long roof !

Hitting Costco tonite, I'll try to swing by... got my discount coupons.

12. derelict

derelict

Is there going to be a drive in on Saturday???

13. Craig Owens

Craig Owens

It's gonna be a good show! I was there yesterday for set up, and there are some great cars there. A teaser:

Attached Files:

14. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

I was trying to have the '57 there but having a couple issues with it.

Good luck with the show.

B

15. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

A few more pictures

Attached Files:

16. Hellbentrodder

Hellbentrodder
    from Cotati

Just got home from the show and it is definatly worth checking out. I will have some pics up in a bit hopefully.....If I can figure out how to post them.

17. Craig Owens

Craig Owens

There will be a drive in Saturday, but it's kind of limited to a few car clubs. You might sneak in with one of the clubs...I don't think anyone would mind. They can only open the gate one time to let the drive in cars enter, so you'll have to be there about 10:15 A.M. and you will have to leave your car there until they open the gate to let the drive in cars leave (about 3 P.M.) They said they can't let anyone take their car out early...something about the fairgrounds security only being able to do the gate thing once to let cars in, once to let them out. You get in free with your drive-in car.

The gate you need to be at is just to the right of the front of the main building (the so-called golf course gate). The Redwood Empire Classic Chevy Club is the bunch I'll be with. It's mostly 55-57 Chevys, but our members also have Camaros, Chevy II's, Chevelles, etc. I think the Nor Cal Cruisers will also be there, and maybe a couple of other clubs.

18. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

Come on by Erik. Its a good show.

19. hoof22

hoof22
    Member Emeritus

I spent a few hours there on Friday, and let me tell you, there was some high quality iron on display! I met a couple HAMBers, (like Scotty-Chuckles Garage), and had a GREAT TIME! AND, I got to see "Strange Bird" up close & in person! COOL!

It's not a huge show, (only 2 buildings), so I didn't burn out like at the Sacto Autorama, but I thought it was well worth the time. If you're in the area, check it out.

I hope to see this show catch on & grow, it's off to a pretty good start!

Eric

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  20. Ricky B

Ricky B

Kool photo's !

21. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Eric, It was a pleasure to meet you. What a cool show huh?

Scott....coool to finally meet you too. I really dig your work